Lead Infrastructure Engineer – Ready To Hire!
Fantastic opportunity to expand on current technical skill set, play integral role in growing company’s business, mentor junior engineers and become part of the management team in the near future.
We are looking for an energetic and assertive Lead Technical Engineer. The Lead Technical Engineer will be responsible for the technical delivery of client projects and service programs. This position requires strong leadership capabilities that has the potential to be developed into a technical management role within the organization in the future. We are looking for a team leader with the knowledge, curiosity, engagement, dedication, and determination to succeed. It is our goal to provide an environment where hard work and success is rewarded. The ideal Lead Technical Engineer must be self-motivating, driven, and ready to work in diverse, multi-vendor environments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Lead Technical Engineer position will be primarily charged with supporting the company in each of the following areas of responsibility:
Design and Implementation of Client IT Infrastructure
– Engage with sales team during proposal/SOW creation to ensure validity of scope and costs.
– Ability to engage a client and apply education and experience to design an infrastructure that meets client requirements.
– Ownership of implementation and support of technical designs.
Creation of Project Task Plan and Adherence to Them
– Working with the engineers and project management to develop detailed technical task plans.
– Task plans will include activities, timelines and resource assignments.
– Work closely with project management to ensure timelines are met with a high level of client satisfaction.
– Communicate deviances from plan/scope to ensure projects stay on track.
– Work with owner and sales team to address project scope change.
Ability to Coach and Mentor Engineering staff
– Ability to mentor and develop entry to mid-level engineering staff (including empathy for where they are at in their journey and the work it will take to become seasoned and successful).
– Participate in the evaluation of entry-level engineer skills and make recommendations for further education/certifications that would improve performance and increase job satisfaction.
Leadership of engineering staff on Client Engagements
– Provide feedback from a technical aspect on hiring, engagement, and potential discipline/firing of engineering staff.
– Hold engineering staff accountable for completion of assigned task plans and managed service support responsibilities.
Escalation Point for Managed Service Issues
– Provide escalation for staff that support ongoing managed service contracts with existing clients.
– Work closely with Managed Services Lead on recommendations for technology training, certifications and support processes.
– Assist MS Lead to maintain, improving and document the internal infrastructure.
– Understand, support and comply with company policies, procedures and process.
– Independently work within company guidelines to get things done.
– Supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
– Provides regular, open and transparent communications with the Director of Operations regarding successes, challenges and changes.
– College Degree in Computer Science or related subject.
– Will consider 6+ years of experience within IT systems including design, implementation, and troubleshooting in mid to enterprise environments in lieu of College Degree.
– Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
– Experience in Microsoft OS, Windows server, cloud computing and/or Microsoft Certifications, a plus.
– Experience in telecommunications, data, and voice networks.
– Working technical knowledge of PC, and platform operating systems, including VMWare, SAN, Windows and UNIX.
– Advanced knowledge of local area network administration.
– Cisco Routing & Switching, Security, Wireless, and Voice experience.
– Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
– Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
– Understanding of project planning and processes.
– Network design experience utilizing the Cisco product portfolio.
– Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
– High energy position requiring the ability to multitask with minimal supervision.
– Excellent work ethic and reliability with a keen attention to detail.
– Strong technical, written and oral communication skills.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
– Willingness to work outside of normal business hours and be on call.
– Willingness to learn new software, hardware, and technologies.
– Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
– Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
– Willingness to travel as required by clients.
– Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
– Must be able to interface with client management and personnel.
– Ability to effectively document processes.
– Basic skills with Microsoft Office Suite including Visio.
Keywords: Burnsville MN Jobs, Lead Infrastructure Engineer, Telecom, Data, Voice Networks, VmWare, SAN, Windows, UNIX, Cisco Routing, Switching, Security, Wireless, Voice, TCP/IP, Networking, Minnesota Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Minnesota Recruiting
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems.
We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
“PLEASE DO NOT APPLY” If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.