Next Step Systems
Lead Information Security Engineer, Chicago, IL
The Information Security Lead is responsible for supporting IT security infrastructure and applications including architecture, projects, deployment, systems administration, change management, upgrades, risk management as well as vendor, managed services and other platform support activities.
– Update and document external client issues.
– Perform analysis and determine client problems and document these issues.
– Provide solutions for network and system related issues and provide detailed documentation along with it.
– Perform cause analysis regarding client issues, as they relate to the following environments: desktop, citrix, and portal connections.
– Assist clients by performing analysis of various issues relating to LAN, WAN, desktop computers, internet connectivity, and the installation of hardware and software.
– Assist customers for the purpose of improving processes related to system issues.
– Maintain error logs in coordination with it departments, and then maintain resolution reports, as well.
– Offer recommendations, based on various metrics, on how to improve the support process in its entirety.
– Utilize software push tools, such as sccm, to update local computer software, and schedules the installations of these packages.
– Evaluate new technologies, systems and infrastructure to determine potential security and operational impact.
– Work closely with IT operations personnel, application developers, administrators, system managers and system owners to design, implement and maintain security controls at SHS.
– Participate in disaster recovery planning, development, exercises, and testing, as well as actual disasters or emergency events, by working in collaboration with security and other teams to create and maintain a secure infrastructure.
– Strong working knowledge networking protocols, MS Active Directory, firewalls, proxies, secure gateway administration, IDS/IPS, penetration testing, data loss prevention and modern security frameworks.
– Learn and adapt quickly to new situations, changing priorities, and disruptive technologies. Participates in the processes for innovation and continuous improvement by leveraging the latest industry knowledge.
– Oversee security projects and perform as lead engineer to ensure effective delivery and alignment with budgetary targets.
– Lead Endpoint replacement project removing legacy AV and deploying a Next Generation AV product. Utilized Systems Configuration Management products for removal and deployment of AV software.
– Good knowledge of encryption technologies, secure communications, secure credentials management and Identity Access Management.
– Knowledge of at least one scripting language (e.g.: Perl, Python).
– Advanced knowledge of common application vulnerabilities, (e.g.: XSS, CSRF, SQL injection, cookie/header/encoding manipulation, input/output validation, session replay).
– Lead a SIEM project. Designed the system infrastructure architecture across a nationally distributed model. Identified necessary log sources and created event sources for log ingestion. Performed base configuration and ongoing maintenance of the platform.
– Develop, executed and managed a plan to migrate Palo Alto, ASA firewalls across different stations to the latest stable version of PAN-OS.
– Develop and maintained enterprise security governance policies including data classification policy, data labeling and handling guidelines, network security standard, file transfer security standard, system classification reference architecture, incident response plan, and guest wireless acceptable use policy.
– Managed requests for proposals, negotiated pricing, resource modeling and engagement timeline.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Information systems, Cybersecurity or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
– Minimum 10 years experience in Information Security and Network.
– Required Licenses, Certificates, Registrations: Security+, CCNA, CISSP (Preferred)
– Enterprise Data Protection, Data Encryption, Data Classification Technology Design and Implementation.
– PCI DSS, HIPAA, NIST SP 800-53, Cybersecurity Requirements.
– Rapid LogRhythm, SIEM Solutions.
– CrowdStrike Falcon Prevent, Falcon X, Falcon Insight, Falcon Overwatch and Sophos.
– Rapid7 Insight Platform, InsightIDR, Knowbe4, Tenable and Nexpose.
– Network & System Administration, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Security Incident and Event Monitoring.
– Web application firewalls (WAFs) and Wireless Security.
– Cisco, Fortinet, Palo Alto and Network Infrastructure Maintenance and Monitoring.
– IPSec/L2TP Site-to-Site and Client/Server VPN Configuration and Management.
– VMWare / XEN / VirtualBox Virtualization and VM Administration.
– Windows Server security patching and administration.
– Linux Security patching and administration.
– Windows Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP Services Administration.
– Azure, 2FA/MFA authentications, Microsoft Identity Manager, Citrix MDM and Bitlocker Deployment, and Administration.
– Automating Linux and Windows system administration tasks through bash & Powershell scripting.
– Infrastructure Architecture, Inventory and Processes/Procedure Documentation.
– Citrix security patching and assessment.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, Lead Information Security Engineer, Network, System Administration, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, Cisco, Fortinet, Palo Algo, Windows Server, Linux, Security+, CCNA, CISSP, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
Company Will Sponsor Visas!
Looking to hire a Lead Information Security Engineer in Chicago IL or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Lead Information Security Engineers for jobs in Chicago IL and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at email@example.com.