Next Step Systems
IT Support Engineer, Chicago, IL
Serve as in-house IT lead for growing 40+-employee firm, including resolving user-specific and basic networking issues, managing relationship with external IT vendor, and suggesting and implementing technology-related business-improvement projects. Ability to troubleshoot and solve straight-forward problems that do not have SOPs required. Company requires a full COVID-19 vaccine (as defined by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)) or an approved exemption as an accommodation. Position requires 3 days Onsite and 2 days Remote, with occasional after-hours and weekend work.
– Identify and resolve basic issues in office networking environment, including internet connectivity, file server and VPN availability, access to networked peripherals such as printers.
– Assist in routine networking hardware projects, such as cabling and installation of network access points, routers, etc.
– Working with external IT provider to ensure infrastructure networking and computing systems remain available.
– Interacting with management and staff to provide analytical and technical assistance for continuous improvement of IT solutions (including but not limited to automating data collection or entry; website design; basic coding/scripting).
– Setup and prepare new computers and phones for existing and new employees.
– Manage routine local technical projects and deployment of software updates.
– Work with the IT team to maintain or create policies, procedures, and processes (e.g., relating to data and network security, hardware/software usage; selection and replacement of computing equipment etc.).
– Identifying root-causes of operational issues and process inefficiencies.
– Manage relationship, tickets, and projects with IT vendors.
– Assist with occasional discovery projects, including e-discovery projects and source code reviews.
– 1+ years IT experience with client, server, and network service delivery.
– 2+ years or experience with networking concepts such VPN environments, MFA and networked file shares.
– 2+ years of experience of troubleshooting in a multi-user environment.
– 2+ years of experience in a professional environment.
– 2+ years of experience in PC and MAC troubleshooting.
– Experience with Palo Alto, Virtual Servers, VmWare, QuickBooks, etc.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT related field is a plus.
– Industry relevant certifications such as: CompTIA, Network+, Cisco/CCNA, Linux.
– Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms.
– Ability to manage high priority projects.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, IT Support Engineer, VPN, PC, MAC, Palo Alto, Virtual Servers, VmWare, QuickBooks, Routers, Switches, CompTIA, Network+, Cisco, CCNA, Linux, Hardware, Infrastructure, Network, Networking, Chicago Recruiters, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
Looking to hire an IT Support Engineer in Chicago, IL or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire IT Support Engineers for jobs Chicago, Illinois and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext. 11 or email us at email@example.com.