Next Step Systems
IT Process Control Engineer, Manchester, NH
We are seeking an experienced Process Control Engineer to join the IT team. This position requires the ability to work independently as well as with managers, supervisors, hydro technicians, contractors, and third-party vendors. In this role, the Process Control Engineer will support and maintain the controls systems at 45 hydroelectric power plants.
– Work with Senior Process Controls Engineer and Process Control contractors.
– Assist and direct Hydro Technicians as needed on high level issues.
– Work with Site Supervisors and contractors on equipment designs, modifications, installations, and project management.
– Respond to critical outages of control equipment.
– Troubleshoot to restore production as soon as possible.
– Properly update, document, and maintain all PLC and HMI backup programs, update drawings, and maintain change management control process.
– Perform risk assessments.
– Review Commissioning Plans step by step along with testing and results.
– Monitor contractors providing upgrades to systems and review all scope of work documents.
– Review all process control contractor service reports.
– Assure documentation of all control changes, including rationale.
– Develop work scopes for all process control projects.
– Maintain an inventory of fleet assets along with warranty dates.
– When conditions dictate, overtime will be required with little or no prior notification.
– Travel requirement: <25%.
– Position reports to the IT Manager.
– 5-10 years process controls experience required.
– Technical degree or proven work experience as a Process Controls Engineer.
– High-level knowledge of process engineering software systems.
– Advanced technical skills.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Analytical thinker with a drive for success.
– Ability to manage all aspects of a project, technical and business.
– Must be proficient in troubleshooting and programming of PLC’s and HMI’s: GE Cimplicity and Historian, ABB Scada, Emerson – 90-30, RX3i, Automation Direct – Direct Logics, Productivity, Rockwell Automation – Allen Bradley, Modbus and networking, and RTUs.
– Ability to convert relay logic to PLC.
– Extensive knowledge in troubleshooting, repairing process control equipment and complex electrical circuits.
– Ability to read and troubleshoot from schematics.
– Proficient in AutoCAD.
– Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of the organization.
– Experience using Bomgar and VPN to remotely access plant control systems.
– Experience with OSI PI software highly desirable.
Keywords: Manchester NH Jobs, IT Process Control Engineer, Process Controls, PLC, HMI, GE Cimplicity, Historian, ABB Scada, Emerson, Automation Direct, PLC, AutoCAD, Bombar, VPN, OSI PI, New Hampshire Recruiters, IT Jobs, New Hampshire Recruiting
Looking to hire a IT Process Control Engineer in Manchester, NH or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire IT Process Control Engineers for jobs in Manchester, New Hampshire and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at email@example.com.