Next Step Systems
Infrastructure Architect, Chicago, IL
This position requires you to be onsite every day; this is not a remote position.
The Infrastructure Architect will lead strategic technical planning and architecture definition build blueprints and roadmaps and deliver innovative solutions that elevate the efficiency and effectiveness of Healthcare access and delivery. The Infrastructure Architect will provide critical thought leadership and drive strategic digital health initiatives from discovery and planning through implementation and delivery. This individual will proactively identify and propose new digital health solutions to improve access to healthcare, enhance patient engagement, and build the care delivery model of the future. This role will equip patient families, referring providers and caregivers with innovative, best-in-class digital tools.
The Infrastructure Architect will ensure that business strategy and enabling technology capabilities are in alignment and executed as planned. This individual will select and implement robust, scalable, flexible and resilient architectures and solutions that address business needs and accelerate the adoption of hybrid cloud services. The Infrastructure Architect will provide overall solution design and lead technical implementation of innovative high quality solutions. This individual will lead the team through visioning, elaboration, planning, design, mapping, technical implementation and testing, deployment, and user enablement phases of the project lifecycle. The Infrastructure Architect will provide hands-on technical leadership in the development, operation and ongoing improvement of digital health platforms and offerings. This individual will work with external vendors to ensure that their system architectures are robust, scalable, open, and secure, with appropriate integration points/APIs that deliver a high quality user experience.
– Work with stakeholders to understand business strategy and define business architecture, inclusive of artifacts such as capability maps, value streams and roadmaps.
– Act as Technical Product Manager for the assigned portfolio and create 2 to 4 year digital technology roadmap(s) using a deep understanding of audience segments to drive personalization and targeting.
– Identify and define strategic capabilities, technical architectures and design patterns needed to implement roadmaps. Translate strategic initiatives into delivery-focused initiatives and release plans.
– Conceive, architect, design, develop and deliver cloud-native digital health and patient engagement platform and services. Formulate and define specifications for new products/services offerings.
– Research, evaluate, and recommend emerging technology concepts, vendors, and products.
– Lead vendor assessments, security reviews, and compliance audits. Ensure compatibility and integration of products/services within the broader ecosystem.
– Lead rapid development of user-driven prototypes to identify technical options and inform architectural approaches.
– Clearly define objectives, coordinate with vendors, and lead execution of Proof of Concepts (POCs) and test & learn pilots to investigate issues, accelerate learning and confirm feasibility.
– Understand business needs, define solution, produce design artifacts with required functions, interfaces and detailed technical architecture, including system, sub-system, and component designs.
– Develop solution alternatives, schedule and cost estimates, proposals and SOWs for approval. Create and deliver presentations to senior leadership in support of technology strategy, investments, and initiatives.
– Create/author/edit architecture documents, design documents, data flow diagrams, and system Run Books, and lead reviews for these deliverables as well as development work products.
– Develop principles, frameworks, and methodologies for use across products and platforms. Define reference architectures, design patterns, and templates for teams. Simplify product development and delivery processes. Design and deploy automation tools to support continuous delivery and continuous integration process. Mentor technical staff.
– Ensure compliance to policy, standards and best practices by leading architecture, design and code review sessions and Architecture Review Board (ARB) process.
– Lead and facilitate business process modeling sessions to develop, assess, streamline, redesign and optimize processes and workflows.
– Act as a key interface between the external and internal partners and the Information Services Organization. Drive project execution: track delivery, triage and prioritize defect resolution, take ownership of change management, proactively seek and resolve blockers. Manage production releases and project handover to support and operational teams.
– Lead troubleshooting of complex technical issues in real time with external and internal partners, product vendors, service providers and Information Services teams. Facilitate root cause analysis (RCA) and problem resolution.
– Bachelor degree in Computer Science required.
– Master’s degree in Computer Science or Business Administration (MBA) highly preferred.
– The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) certification.
– ITIL Foundations / Service Management – AXELOS certification.
– Healthcare industry regulations and standards: HITRUST, HIPAA.
– 10+ years of experience in broad technology areas and 5+ years of relevant architecture design experience. Able to articulate user experience and design principles to team members and customers.
– 3+ years of experience working in the Healthcare provider domain. Experience with digital transformation initiatives, patient access, patient engagement, telehealth and remote patient monitoring solutions desirable.
– Trusted expert on innovative technologies, emerging solutions, best practices, and transformations with a proven track record of successfully deploying technology innovation to enable business growth.
– Ability to think strategically about products/services and process capability, connect enabling technology with measurable business value.
– Experience using architectural modeling tools, mapping business capability to systems, applications and components; and managing application portfolio repository.
– Experience migrating and transforming legacy systems and on premise workloads to the cloud.
– Excellent verbal and written communications skills to effectively share concepts and ideas. Well-developed writing skills are required.
– Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives. Able to present information in a variety of formats (story boards, journey maps, charts, graphs, tables) that help stakeholders and executive leadership understand the project and associated areas of risk.
– Experience leading discussions with various levels of stakeholders regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation for solution alternatives.
– Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and executing projects using iterative Agile Scrum and Kanban frameworks with the ability to act as a Technical Product Owner and a Scrum Master.
– Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with both uncertainty and ambiguity. Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions.
Broad understanding of healthcare industry trends, infrastructure and ecosystem technologies. Broad experience across various technologies, frameworks, methodologies and deep in some:
– Mobile application development: Android and iOS.
– Scripting: PowerShell, Python, PHP, or Perl.
– Enterprise Content Management (ECM/CMS) and Business Process Management (BPM) – SiteCore, SharePoint, OpenText Documentum, Alfresco, Drupal, WordPress, Wix, etc.
– Salesforce CRM, Marketing Cloud and Health Cloud.
– Enterprise Application Integration (EAI): REST/SOAP, XML, UDDI, WSDL, JSON, MuleSoft, Apache Camel, Kafka, or IBM Cloverleaf. Healthcare APIs, FHIR, HL7.
– DevOps CI/CD configuration, deployment and automation: RedHat Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, TeamCity, Jenkins, Bamboo, Octopus, GitHub, SpecFlow BDD, Cucumber BDD, Selenium, Maven or Subversion.
– SOA, micro-services, cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud), containerization (Red Hat OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes).
– Emerging technologies: Robotic Process Automation (RPA), UiPath IA, or NLG/NLU/NLP.
– Virtual Assistant/Voice SDKs (Alexa Skills, Google Actions, SiriKit), process flows, and intents.
– Deep-learning Chatbots and dialog modeling; Intent detection, Query Parsing, Semantic mapping.
– AI/ML: Azure ML, TensorFlow, Keras, Theano or Torch.
– Jira or VersionOne, ServiceNow, MS Visio, PowerPoint.
Company Will Sponsor Visas!
Looking to hire a Infrastructure Architect in Chicago, IL or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Infrastructure Architects for jobs in Chicago, Illinois and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“PLEASE DO NOT APPLY” If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.
We are IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies specializing in full-time direct hire recruitment and contract IT job opportunities. Information technology employment agencies and IT recruiting firms for technical jobs. Expert IT recruiters and top IT search firms for companies and job seekers.
Here are some cities that we do technical staffing and IT recruiting for:
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Silicon Valley, St Louis, Tampa, Washington DC