Next Step Systems
Information Security Officer with Banking, Harwood Heights, IL
This is an Information Security Officer position in a financial institution reporting directly to senior management. The Information Security Officer oversees and coordinates security efforts across the bank including departments such as information technology, human resources, communications, legal, finance management and other groups, and identifies and establishes security initiatives and standards throughout the organization. The Information security officer is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the bank’s information security policies, setting procedures and guidelines to ensure that all information systems are functional, secure and safeguarded throughout the bank and are in compliance with privacy, customer trust and information security laws and regulations applicable to financial institutions. The Information Security Officer is responsible for working with key individuals throughout the organization to develop business cases for new security projects and in the risk assessment of existing and planned information systems. Additionally, the Information Security Officer is responsible for providing leadership as well as insuring the technical and administrative support for the development of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity programs for the bank. Direct reports will include security engineers/ analysts and other technical staff members.
– Monitor access to all systems and maintains access control profiles on computer network and systems. Track documentation of access authorizations to all resources.
– Develop and/or maintain appropriate Segregation of Duties within and across applications.
– Research and investigate measures that address data security risks and potential losses for reporting purposes.
– Install, modify, enhance and maintain data system security software.
– Work on determining acceptable risk levels for the enterprise and ensuring the IT environments are adequately protected from potential risks and threats.
– Participate in development and implementation of the appropriate and effective controls to mitigate identified threats and risks.
– Follow-up on detected security issues and implement solutions to reduce security risks.
Assist in the research, development, communication, maintaining and working with the operational units on the enforcement of IT security architecture, policies, procedures, solutions and standards.
– Oversee incident response planning as well as the investigation of security breaches and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary.
– Support improved data security awareness and education including on-call availability.
– Responsible for staying abreast of the latest industry security practices and technologies.
– Meet with Senior Management to analyze, document and define requirements associated with new development or maintenance and enhancements to existing security roles and permissions. Review completed roles/permissions with users to ensure requirements are fully met.
– Deliver services that meet regulatory specifications. Work with internal and external auditors to document and confirm that all security administrative duties are properly performed as well as demonstrate overall compliance.
– Perform additional related duties as assigned by management.
– A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
– Minimum 8+ years of progressive experience in information Security and banking industry.
– Must be an effective leader who can collaborate with the senior management team and communicate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff – acting as a bridge between IT and business process owners.
– Must possess strong project management and leadership aptitude; demonstrated professionalism in managing multiple projects and resources effectively.
– Must have experience with business continuity planning, auditing, and risk management, as well as contract and vendor negotiation.
– Outstanding communications skills – must be proficient communicating across all levels of the organization as well as building successful relationships.
In-depth knowledge and experience in the following information security areas:
– Information security assessment and auditing procedures, from both technical and business perspectives, and the use of formal methodologies such as NSA IAM
– Vulnerability scanning and auditing tools
– Enterprise-scale network and host-based IDS architectures
– E-commerce application security
– Computer investigation and forensics methods and technologies
– Strong Knowledge of regulatory bodies, and the regulations and guidance issued by these bodies, overseeing banks, credit unions, and financial services organizations, such as the FDIC, FinCEN, Federal Reserve Board, Office of Thrift Supervision, and NCUA.
– Strong knowledge of privacy laws, such as GLBA, SB1386, SOX
Keywords: Harwood Heights IL Jobs, Information Security Officer with Banking, Information Security, Banking, Security Assessment, Auditing, Risk Management, Vulnerability, Regulatory Bodies, Privacy Laws, Illinois Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Illinois Recruiting
Looking to hire an Information Security Officer with Banking skills in Harwood Heights, IL or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Information Security Officers with Banking skills for jobs in Harwood Heights, Illinois and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“PLEASE DO NOT APPLY” If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.
We are IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies specializing in full-time direct hire recruitment and contract IT job opportunities. Information technology employment agencies and IT recruiting firms for technical jobs. Expert IT recruiters and top IT search firms for companies and job seekers.
Here are some cities that we do technical staffing and IT recruiting for:
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Silicon Valley, St Louis, Tampa, Washington DC