Information Security Officer
We are looking for an Information Security Officer for an opportunity in Harwood Heights, IL. This is an Information Security Officer position in a financial institution reporting directly to senior management. The Information Security Officer oversees and coordinates security efforts across the bank including departments such as information technology, human resources, communications, legal, finance management and other groups, and identifies and establishes security initiatives and standards throughout the organization. Additionally, the Information Security Officer is responsible for providing leadership as well as insuring the technical and administrative support for the development of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity programs for the bank. Direct reports will include security engineers/ analysts and other technical staff members.
– Monitor access to all systems and maintains access control profiles on computer network and systems. – Track documentation of access authorizations to all resources.
– Install, modify, enhance and maintain data system security software.
– Work on determining acceptable risk levels for the enterprise and ensuring the IT environments are adequately protected from potential risks and threats.
– Participate in development and implementation of the appropriate and effective controls to mitigate identified threats and risks.
– Assist in the research, development, communication, maintaining and working with the operational units on the enforcement of IT security architecture, policies, procedures, solutions and standards.
– Oversee incident response planning as well as the investigation of security breaches and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary.
– Support improved data security awareness and education including on-call availability.
– Be responsible for staying abreast of the latest industry security practices and technologies.
– Meet with Senior Management to analyze, document and define requirements associated with new development or maintenance and enhancements to existing security roles and permissions. Review completed roles/permissions with users to ensure requirements are fully met.
– Deliver services that meet regulatory specifications. Work with internal and external auditors to document and confirm that all security administrative duties are properly performed as well as demonstrate overall compliance.
– A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
– Minimum 8+ years of progressive experience in information Security and banking industry.
– Must have experience with business continuity planning, auditing, and risk management, as well as contract and vendor negotiation.
– Experience with Information security assessment and auditing procedures, from both technical and business perspectives, and the use of formal methodologies such as NSA IAM.
– Experience with Vulnerability scanning and auditing tools.
– Experience with Enterprise-scale network and host-based IDS architectures.
– Experience with E-commerce application security.
– Experience with Computer investigation and forensics methods and technologies.
– Strong knowledge of regulatory bodies, and the regulations and guidance issued by these bodies, overseeing banks, credit unions, and financial services organizations, such as the FDIC, FinCEN, Federal Reserve Board, Office of Thrift Supervision, and NCUA.
– Strong knowledge of privacy laws, such as GLBA, SB1386, SOX.
Keywords: Harwood Heights IL Jobs, Information Security Officer, Information Security, Banking, Security Assessment, Auditing, Risk Management, Vulnerability, Regulatory Bodies, Privacy Laws, Illinois Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Illinois Recruiting
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems.
We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
“PLEASE DO NOT APPLY” If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.