Next Step Systems
High Performance Computing Systems Administrator, Top Secret Clearance Required, Aberdeen, MD
In this role, you will provide expert technical leadership and execution, and be supporting mission-critical federal customers, providing pre-installation configuration, on-site integration, administration, and customer enablement of cutting edge high performance computing solution. Working at the direction of customer, you will respond directly to customer requests and assignments, and provide technical and operational leadership and guidance as needed. This position requires a current, active US Federal Top Secret security clearance and US Citizenship.
– Maintain the High Performance Computer (HPC) systems availability to the customer, but also create and document site procedures, system diagrams, and other configuration or support documents.
– Maintain system software and firmware revisions, including patches, updates, and OS upgrades.
Solve system hardware, software, and third-party software issues, and provide detailed and thoughtful analysis of problem and solution.
– Gather data, perform analysis, and escalate problems to higher-level product support groups and appropriate management when necessary to ensure timely resolution of system or customer issues.
– Provide solutions and implement repair or workarounds when possible, fully documenting steps taken when required.
– Manage software issues for both the system and user applications, submitting and tracking bugs as required.
– Answer customer inquiries concerning system software versions, product lifecycles, new releases, and third-party applications.
– US Federal Top Secret clearance and US Citizen is required.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related area of study.
3+ years’ HPC-related experience, ideally with large-scale HPC and parallel file system administration and support.
– Extensive knowledge and experience with Linux operating systems (RHEL or SLES), workload management systems, parallel file systems, networking and security.
– Direct experience and demonstrated proficiency with multiple programming and scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python, C, FORTRAN, etc.) preferred.
– Ability to lead and work effectively in a team environment.
– Ability to maintain system software, utilizing debugging tools for problem isolation; will perform software builds, software upgrades, and patch installation as needed.
– Excellent interpersonal, customer relations and problem management skills, with the ability to stay calm and professional under pressure while working to strict deadlines.
– Experience with project planning and management, process management, and team or project leadership preferred.
– Able to clearly document processes and procedures with a focus toward mentoring and knowledge sharing.
– Occasional travel for training is required.
Keywords: Aberdeen MD Jobs, High Performance Computing Systems Administrator, Linux, RHEL, SLES, Scripting, Perl, Python, C, FORTRAN, Linux Systems Administrator, Networking, Security, Maryland Recruiters, IT Jobs, Maryland Recruiting
Looking to hire a High Performance Computing Systems Administrator in Aberdeen, MD or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire High Performance Computing Systems Administrators for jobs in Aberdeen, Maryland and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.