Next Step Systems
High Performance Computing Site Engineer, San Antonio, TX
– Apply advanced technical knowledge to operate one or more technology areas (e.g., Lustre Storage Administration, server administration, technical security management, performance management) or customer groups that are critical or high risk.
– Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create solutions for customers.
– Resolve single and cross technology incidents independently. Work with team members to resolve unusually complex or cross- technology incidents.
– Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent problems from occurring in team/technology area.
– Apply company solutions to meet highly complex customer needs.
Identify additional services that could lead to future service revenue growth.
– Provide technical consulting during contract renewal discussions.
– Build and maintain strong relationship up to senior management level in assigned accounts.
– Design and deliver support solutions using specific industry knowledge and expertise.
– Assist in managing delivery of industry support solutions.
– Lead Customer Expectation management as part of escalation process.
– Lead cross-team or large programs/projects.
– Coach or guide junior consultants.
– Bachelor’s degree preferred or Associate degree (technical field) with 5- 7 years working experience in related field desired.
– US Citizenship required.
– Extensive knowledge and experience of Linux/Unix operating systems, networking and security, Lustre Storage.
– 2+ years of HPC-related experience, ideally with large-scale HPC, parallel file systems (Lustre), and their administration and support.
– Direct experience and demonstrated proficiency with multiple programming and scripting languages (e.g., Perl, Python, C, Fortran, etc.).
– Familiar with maintaining system software through installation of upgrades and patches as needed.
– Experience in effectively isolating hardware and software problems and driving issue resolutions through to conclusion.
– Experience with project planning and management, process management and team or project leadership.
– Ability to clearly document processes and procedures with a focus on mentoring and sharing knowledge.
– Occasional travel for training and to support remote systems is required.
– Participate in on-call rotation with other staff to provide 24×7 coverage to a group of customers.
– Ability to routinely lift and carry 30 pound hardware components.
– Excellent interpersonal, customer relations and problem management skills, with the ability to stay calm and professional under pressure while working to strict deadlines.
– Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
– Thorough knowledge of company products and services offerings, company organization, competition, third party products and market trends.
– Broad knowledge of corporate organization, job, and policies.
– Ability to lead and work effectively in a team environment to investigate and resolve complex problems.
– Comprehensive business, technical or functional knowledge at an expert level.
– Communicate tactfully with diplomacy up to senior management levels within an organization.
– Active listening skills and ability to adjust messages to audience level.
– Problem-solving skills (proactive, reactive and creative).
– Able to employ exemplary consulting skills by becoming a trusted advisor to the customer and providing clarity to solution determination.
– Well versed in core technical competencies and peaked in some technical area(s) intermediate skills in project management, communication, analysis and presentation.
– Proactive recognition and recommendations of operational efficiencies.
Keywords: San Antonio TX Jobs, High Performance Computing Site Engineer, Lustre, Storage, Storage Administration, Linux, UNIX, Networking, Security, Scripting, Perl, Python, Fortran, HPC, High Performance Computing, Texas Recruiters, IT Jobs, Texas Recruiting
Looking to hire a High Performance Computing Site Engineer in San Antonio, TX or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire High Performance Computing Site Engineer for jobs in San Antonio, Texas, Maryland and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.