Next Step Systems
Federal Systems Administrator, High Performance Computing, TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly, Annapolis Junction, MD
We are currently seeking highly qualified, experienced, and motivated candidates for a High Performance Computing (HPC) Systems Administrator (SA) to join its HPC supporting Federal Government customer. As the Federal HPC Systems Administrator, you will use your knowledge and expertise to support the customer’s software needs and to maintain the operational stability and performance of the HPC Cluster Solution and its integration into the existing customer computing infrastructure.
– Work in partnership with the other system administrators and Government system administrators to resolve issues and maximize system up-time.
– Provide system administration support and hands-on training to Government personnel.
– Provide expertise to establish the stability and performance of the Solution, software and applications programming support, and integration into the existing computing infrastructure.
– Take the actions necessary to ensure that the warranty remains in effect, maintaining the system documentation under configuration management, and provide continual operation, stability, and performance of the Solution.
– Support, install, upgrade, and configure the software and assist the Government’s use of software and software tools for the Solution.
– Mitigate any identified security vulnerabilities within a 30 day period.
– Track software tool errors and provide reporting to the quality control department.
– Provide expertise in system resource allocation and OS tuning and configuration.
– Write scripts for use of and configuration of standard OS utilities.
– Assist users with system operation and application design, optimization, and debugging.
– Assist users in finding performance issues in their applications and help users understand and measure the performance limits of the Solution.
– A current, active TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly clearance.
– US Citizenship.
– 7 years of Linux Systems Administration experience.
– Experience with High Availability systems.
– Experience writing and troubleshooting scripts.
– Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university or 10+ years relevant experience.
– Experience with configuration management tools.
– Experience setting up and troubleshooting remote network OS installations.
– Experience in multiple scripting languages, such as bash, Perl, Expect, Python.
– Experience with CentOS or Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
– Experience with Pacemaker/Corosync High Availability systems.
– Experience deploying and/or supporting Lustre or other parallel file systems.
– InfiniBand experience.
– Experience with Ansible configuration management tool.
Keywords: Annapolis Junction MD Jobs, Federal Systems Administrator, High Performance Computing, Linux, High Availability Systems, Scripting, Bash, Perl, Python, CentOS, RHEL, Pacemaker, Corosync, Lustre, infiniband, Ansible, Maryland Recruiters, IT Jobs, Maryland Recruiting
Looking to hire a Federal Systems Administrator, High Performance Computing in Annapolis Junction, MD or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Federal Systems Administrator, High Performance Computing for jobs in Annapolis Junction, Maryland and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at email@example.com.