Next Step Systems
ERP Project Manager – Tyler Software, Chicago Area
We currently utilize Innoprise as our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software and are acquiring a Tyler Munis ERP product. We are seeking an Independent Contractor/Consultant to provide professional ERP project management and implementation services for the initiation and completion of the financial management installation, including utility billing payment capture, project and grant accounting, cash management, human capital management, payroll applications (including ExecuTime Time & Attendance module), community development (through EnerGov module), reporting, and data conversion. Additionally, we have already implemented enterprise asset management (EAM) solution, and New World Enterprise computer aided dispatch (CAD). The selected Contractor/Consultant will also provide project management and implementation services for the integration of the EAM module and New World CAD to the Tyler Munis ERP.
Under the direction of the Assistant Manager, through the Director of Information Technology, this temporary position is intended to serve as a bridge between the users of specialized finance, payroll, human resources and benefits operations, community development, and public works.
The ideal Project Manager will be a strategic and innovative problem-solver with effective interpersonal communication skills to support operational and information needs. The Project Manager must have the ability to quickly develop a solid understanding of the financial, payroll, and human resources processes to support cross-functional department efficiencies and ensure data accessibility and integrity. This project is expected to be completed in 12-18 months and involves the “go live” use of Tyler Munis software to meet the finance, payroll, human resources and benefits operations needs of the company.
This Project Manager will work on-site, will be provided a work area in the IT Department, and is expected to drive to various locations to assist departments in accessing and using the software effectively. The Project Manager must work effectively with Tyler Munis support and trainers, which requires submitting help desk tickets and working remotely with Tyler Munis support team members.
– Identify, prioritize, and implement ERP/HRIS software solutions and system modifications to maximize functionality, improve efficiency, and meet departmental needs.
– Develop and expand use of enterprise query/reporting tools to improve operational and financial decision making.
– Develop and deliver end-user training program.
– Document and analyze reports of software deficiencies and facilitate company-wide resolution.
– Manage the interface of The company’s various revenue and other subsidiary systems into The company’s accounting system.
– Document and monitor the integrity of The company’s financial controls and the quality of data shared between systems.
– Facilitate requirements analysis.
– Identify creative and effective solutions with the ERP/HRIS software to address user requirements.
– Construct financial and custom reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
– Provide regular status reports/updates on work assignments to company officials.
– Communicate best practices throughout project to help guide end users with effective and maintainable solutions.
– Complete projects and assignments on-time and within an established budget.
– Solve problems and build collaborative solutions, with a strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask and prioritize work deliverables.
– Manage this project well, with proven success in collaborating and building strong relationships, both with internal customers within The company, and externally with other Tyler Munis users and Tyler Munis implementation managers.
– Strong interpersonal skills are required, with the ability to convey and relate ideas to others and build consensus on key issues.
– Communicate well with all key decision-makers, instill confidence in outcomes and solutions, and train departments in effectively using this software.
– The ideal Consultant will have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field, or will have an equivalent combination of training, education, and experience. A Master’s degree and a background in the public sector are preferred.
– Must have 3 to 5 years of direct experience working on large and complex financial software implementation programs, ERP, or HRIS implementation programs; project management; change management; system administration; and technical support.
– Must be proficient in SSRS report development.
– Familiarity with finance operations including accounting, budgeting, fixed assets, AP/AR, purchasing, financial reporting, HRIS development, and payroll software systems development is highly desirable.
– Previous experience with Tyler Munis is preferable, and ability to quickly become proficient with Tyler Munis is required.
– Experience working with Tyler Munis Financial Management, specifically project and grant accounting and utility billing payment capture.
– Tyler Munis HR & Payroll applications.
– Reporting, and data conversion.
– Extensive experience in human resource and payroll applications.
– Specific experience in Illinois local government payroll including public safety, multiple labor groups, and IMRF.
– Extensive experience in the full ERP lifecycle principally in implementation.
– Implementation project manager for municipal governments.
– Solid expertise in business process evaluation, improvement and change management in this arena.
Keywords: Chicago Area Jobs, ERP Project Manager, ERP, RFP, Tyler Munis, CAD, HRIS, Human Resources, Payroll Software, AP/AR, SSRS Report Development, Financial Software, Project Management, Chicago Area Recruiters, IT Jobs, Chicago Area Recruiting
Looking to hire an ERP Project Manager in the Chicago Area or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire ERP Project Managers for jobs in the Chicago Area and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at email@example.com.