Next Step Systems
Electromechanical Engineer, Plano, TX
We are actively looking for a Electromechanical Engineer with a background or specialization in Electro-Mechanical Engineering. This position will report directly to Engineering Manager and be located in Plano Texas.
The Electromechanical Engineer will be responsible for supporting various projects pertaining to new product development and sustaining engineering of prototype and existing designs with a strong focus on reducing cost, improving reliability, manufacturing sustainability and quality control. As a Mechanical Engineer specializing in Electromechanical systems, you will demonstrate understanding and expertise in system design, integration of electric and mechanical interfaces. This role will also require the Mechanical Engineer to assume ownership of the products/components where responsibilities can stretch towards but not limited to research and development, providing solutions to technical questions and challenges, assisting cross functional teams in areas where engineering expertise is required.
– Define Engineering Statement of Work per flow downs from Engineering Manager. Define House of Quality, manage engineering schedules and timelines, coordinate efforts to scope and analyze cost/benefit of feature selections.
– Apply engineering principles and practices in multiple areas such as quality control, manufacturing, assembly/installation procedures, and machining/fabrication processes to achieve product reliability.
– Maintain technical documentations such as specs with up-to-date information for products.
– Create 3D Models and 2D Drawings in Solidworks. Perform simulation such as linear FEA on assemblies/components to analyze structural integrity and perform design iterations based on analyses.
– Design and plan the layout of complex electrical assemblies to customer requirements; also, effectively communicating details with manufacturing group and test engineers/technicians.
– Support the Electrical team in Design, test and implementation of Programmable Logic controllers (PLC) based control systems.
– Provide customer and sales support for engineering related enquiries, such as component selections, providing charts and other engineering data as required.
– Conduct meetings with cross functional teams and other stakeholders as necessary and participate in concept design reviews, preliminary design reviews, phase completion reviews, manufacturing readiness reviews and Engineering change processes.
– Perform engineering diagnosis that include root cause analysis, defining the problem with solution planning, testing, implementation and verification and provide the necessary corrective actions.
– Provide on-site support at customer and vendor locations to ensure new and existing products meet conformance to all requirements; suggest manufacturing and material selection changes to save cost.
– A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering/Electro-Mechanical Engineering or similar with experience in at least 1 of the following: Electro-mechanical assemblies/components, Electrical circuits, Control Systems.
– 5 years of practical engineering or relevant experience.
– Knowledge in best engineering practices, such as value engineering, design for Six Sigma, design for manufacturing.
– Knowledge of sheet metals and welds is a plus.
– Good understanding of fluid mechanics, solid mechanics, and GD&T is a must.
– A minimum of 3 years CAD experience in Solidworks or similar modeling software required. Knowledge of Solidworks Simulation is a plus.
– Experience working with PLC’s and control systems; good understanding of 3-phase power circuits
– Previous employment in data center(s) is preferred but not required.
– Experience or good understanding of cable management, power distribution units and computer hardware is strongly preferred.
– Willingness to work in an open team-oriented company where responsibilities can expand to support team members in multiple departments, such as manufacturing, supply chain and project managers.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with good verbal and written communication skills.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc and be able to write clear and concise emails that effectively communicate the work scopes, actions and results to all stakeholders.
– Ability to apply critical thinking, deductive reasoning and be able to work multiple projects simultaneously with workload planned out daily.
– Ability to observe and maintain strict professional ethics, confidentiality and privacy in all company and 3rd party information.
– Good time management, organizational and planning skills.
– Must be a self-motivated contributing team member with excellent communication skills.
Keywords: Plano TX Jobs, Electromechanical Engineer, Fluid Mechanics, Solid Mechanics, GD&T, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Electromechanical Assemblies/Components, Electrical Circuits, Controls Systems, Engineering, Six Sigma, Texas Recruiters, IT Jobs, Texas Recruiting
Looking to hire a Electromechanical Engineer in Plano, TX or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Electromechanical Engineers for jobs in Plano, Texas and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at email@example.com.