Next Step Systems
Electromechanical Engineer, Plano, TX
The Electromechanical Engineer will be responsible for supporting various projects pertaining to new product development and sustaining engineering of prototype and existing designs with a strong focus on reducing cost, improving reliability, manufacturing sustainability and quality control. As a Mechanical Engineer specializing in Electromechanical systems, you will demonstrate understanding and expertise in system design, integration of electric and mechanical interfaces. This role will also require the Engineer to assume ownership of the products/components where responsibilities can stretch towards but not limited to research and development, providing solutions to technical questions and challenges, assisting cross functional teams in areas where engineering expertise is required.
– Define Engineering Statement of Work per flow downs from the Engineering manager, Define House of Quality, manage engineering schedules and timelines, coordinate efforts to scope and analyze cost/benefit of feature selections.
– Apply engineering principles and practices in multiple areas such as quality control, manufacturing, assembly/installation procedures, and machining/fabrication processes to achieve product reliability.
– Maintain technical documentations such as specs with up-to-date information for products.
– Create 3D Models and 2D Drawings in Solidworks. Perform simulation such as linear FEA on assemblies/components to analyze structural integrity and perform design iterations based on analyses.
– Design and plan the layout of complex electrical assemblies to customer requirements; also, effectively communicating details with manufacturing group and test engineers/technicians.
– Support the Electrical team in Design, test and implementation of Electromechanical components such as pressure sensors, flow meters, pressure transducers/transmitters. Create Test Plans, Test reports and associated templates.
– Provide customer and sales support for engineering related enquiries, such as component selections, providing charts and other engineering data as required.
– Conduct meetings with cross functional teams and other stakeholders as necessary and participate in concept design reviews, preliminary design reviews, phase completion reviews, manufacturing readiness reviews and Engineering change processes
– Perform engineering diagnosis that include root cause analysis, defining the problem with solution planning, testing, implementation and verification and provide the necessary corrective actions.
– Provide on-site support at customer and vendor locations to ensure new and existing products meet conformance to all requirements; suggest manufacturing and material selection changes to save cost.
– A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in 1 of the following: Mechanical Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar with experience in at least 1 of the following: Electro-mechanical assemblies/components, Electrical circuits, Control Systems or similar.
– Basic understanding of Electricity such as AC/DC power, Electrical Components such as resistors, diodes, capacitors etc, understanding of pressure sensors, transducers, transmitters and other sensing components are a must.
– 15 years of practical engineering or relevant experience is an absolute minimum.
– Knowledge in best engineering practices, such as value engineering, design for six sigma, design for manufacturing, FMEA.
– Knowledge of sheet metals and welds is a plus.
– Strong understanding of fluid mechanics, solid mechanics, heat transfer/thermodynamics, seals(static) and GD&T is a must.
– A minimum of 10 years CAD experience in Solidworks is required. Experience must be recent. Knowledge of Solidworks Simulation is a plus.
– Experience with or Exposure to PLC’s, control systems, 3-phase power circuits is a plus but not required.
– Previous employment in data center(s) is strongly preferred but not required.
– Experience or good understanding of cable management, power distribution units and computer hardware is strongly preferred.
– Willingness to work in an open team-oriented company where responsibilities can expand to support team members in multiple departments, such as manufacturing, supply chain and project management.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with good verbal and written communication skills.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc and be able to write clear and concise emails that effectively communicate the work scopes, actions and results to all stakeholders.
– Ability to apply critical thinking, deductive reasoning and be able to work multiple projects simultaneously with workload planned out daily.
– Ability to observe and maintain strict professional ethics, confidentiality and privacy in all company and 3rd party information.
– Good time management, organizational and planning skills.
– Must be a self-motivated contributing team member with excellent communication skills.
Keywords: Plano TX Jobs, Electromechanical Engineer, CAD, SolidWorks, Fluid Mechanics, Solid Mechanics, GD&T, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Electromechanical Assemblies/Components, Electrical Circuits, Controls Systems, Engineering, Six Sigma, Texas Recruiters, IT Jobs, Texas Recruiting
Looking to hire a Electromechanical Engineer in Plano, TX or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Electromechanical Engineers for jobs in Plano, Texas and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.