Director of Hospital Communication Systems, Network & Telecommunications Engineering
This position requires you to be onsite every day; this is not a remote position.
We are seeking a hands-on Director of Network & Telecommunications Engineering expert. You will be responsible for leading, managing, architecting, building, deploying, operating, and optimizing Network and Telecommunication products and services to enable efficient and effective delivery of reliable, cost-effective healthcare services and high quality experiences for patients, partners, providers and caregivers. You will be responsible for the Health System Network, Telecommunications, Facilities, Communication Systems and Device Integration.
– Strategic planning and roadmap to optimize assigned portfolio of products and services.
– Plan, conceive, architect, design, acquire, build, adapt, implement and deploy secure, scalable and innovative solutions to solve complex problems.
– Research, evaluate, assess feasibility with proof of concept, pilot new technologies, solutions and delivery models to transform products and services.
– Plan, define, organize, staff, execute, manage, track, control projects to achieve objectives and realize approved roadmaps and initiatives.
– Manage system and technology metadata and the full lifecycle of the assigned portfolio.
– Ensure secure, fault tolerant, robust, reliable delivery of products and services and meet service levels.
– Run, operate, manage, maintain, patch, upgrade systems, technologies and services in assigned portfolio.
– Plan, define, adapt, implement, deploy and optimize processes, workflows, technologies to improve efficiency, productivity and effectiveness of operations.
– Maintain accurate, up-to-date data in assigned portfolio of products and services.
– Support planning, transformation and reconfiguration of hospital facilities.
– Effectively manage vendors, contracts and maintenance agreements for products and services in assigned portfolio.
– Track, report, manage and optimize Service Levels for products and services in assigned portfolio.
– Define, document, design, build, test, and operationalize disaster recovery plans and capabilities, and mitigate business continuity risk.
– Define, keep up-to-date and enforce policies, standard practices and operating procedures and ensure continuous compliance with applicable regulations and organizational policies and standards.
– Create, track, manage, report and improve financial performance: Business Cases, ROI, TCO, Capital Requests, Opex budget and variance management.
– Bachelor degree required in Computer Science, Telecommunication, Industrial, Facilities, Biomedical Engineering, or closely related technical field from an accredited university.
– Master degree in Business Administration (MBA), Healthcare (MHA) or a technical field related to the position strongly preferred from a reputed university.
– Must have 3+ year network and data center management experience.
– 7+ year experience in planning, selecting, architecting, designing, instrumenting, deploying, operating, managing and maintaining network, telecom, telephony and communication systems.
– ITSM ITIL, CMDB
– Network (CCNP, CCIE, CCA)
– Information Security (CISM, CISSP)
– PMI PMP, Agile Scrum, or Kanban preferred
– Lean Six Sigma preferred
– Fiber, Broadband, ISP, Microwave
– WAN, MPLS, VLAN, SAN
– Network, Routers, Switches, Wireless (Wi-Fi) Access Points
– Network Segmentation
– VoIP, SIP, PBX, Switch Board
– Cisco Phone System, Cisco Meeting Server, Cisco Jabber Instant Messenger
– Call Center Technologies: ADC, IVR
– RTLS, RFID, BLE
– Data Drops, Wiring and Cables
– Surveillance systems
– Asset Management; Equipment tracking
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, Director of Hospital Communication Systems, Network & Telecommunications Engineering, Data Center Management, Telecom, Telephony, Communication, Health Systems Network, IT Management, Systems Engineer, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems.
We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
Company Will Sponsor Visas!
“PLEASE DO NOT APPLY” If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.