Next Step Systems
Director, Clinical Systems Engineering, Chicago, IL
This position requires you to be onsite every day; this is not a remote position.
We are looking for a strong leader to direct teams responsible for managing a broad portfolio of Meditech, NextGen and other EMR/EHR clinical systems. Consolidate and evolve clinical systems to prepare for the future. The Director will lead 3 Managers and 1 Project Manager. Healthcare IT consulting experience would be advantageous. Directors do not need prior experience with Meditech or NextGen specifically. Looking for individuals with ITIL experience and a technical background within a clinical area. We are looking for Clinical IT experience working at an acute care provider (hospital system).
We are looking for candidates out of Healthcare consulting firms and/or healthcare providers to direct team responsible for clinical systems engineering. Evaluate, investigate, design, and coordinate activities to maximize the performance of patient care clinical technology systems. Direct teams that design, develop, and test clinical information systems, including, but not limited to databases, interfaces, messaging, and operational aspects of systems.
– B.S. degree in industrial engineering, operations research, computer science, or closely related field required.
– Master’s degree in information systems (MIS), business administration (MBA), hospital administration (MHA), or operations management strongly preferred.
– Minimum 10 year experience managing and/or directing information technology engineering, operations and clinical systems integration required.
– Minimum 3 year experience working in clinical IT leadership role at an acute care hospital.
– Experience with clinical application life cycle management required.
– Experience with mapping business and clinical process capability to IT systems and applications.
– Experience with clinical application portfolio rationalization, standardization and transformation to a hybrid-cloud and SAAS ecosystem across multi-site health system required.
– Experience as product owner/product manager with understanding, documenting and communicating product vision, prioritizing customer needs, creating customer journey maps and optimizing workflows, building product roadmaps, backlog grooming and release planning, and delivering value utilizing Agile/Scrum methods.
– Demonstrated experience leading continuous improvement initiatives with optimizing clinical workflows and standardizing clinical practice and process to reduce clinical variation and improve clinical quality/outcomes in an acute care hospital setting.
– Proven experience leading complex decision making with selection of enterprise-wide IT platforms and vendor solutions.
– Demonstrated experience with reviewing, analyzing and comparing product features, financials/TCO (Capex and Opex) and contract terms and conditions, scoring and ranking alternatives and options, creating program cost and schedule estimates, and presenting findings and recommendations to executive committee.
– Outstanding program management expertise with leading detailed planning, defining execution approach, selecting consulting partners for acute care EMR implementation, upgrade, and migration projects.
– Extensive experience leading acute-care clinical systems transformation, EMR fit-gap analysis, workflow design, implementation, systems integration, data conversion, deployment and rollout at a multi-site hospital system.
– Experience leading post go-live EMR stabilization and optimization phase at an acute care hospital system.
– Experience with managing vendors and negotiating contracts, pricing, term and conditions, service levels.
– Experience as a System Architect desirable. Business process reengineering, workflow optimization and consulting experience preferred. Experience with Meditech Expanse preferred.
– Experience in SDLC, ITIL process framework, Lean Six Sigma, PMI PMBOK/PMP, Agile, Scrum, Kanban.
– Certification in ITSM ITIL, Lean Six Sigma, PMBOK PMI, and/or Agile/Scrum, Kanban preferred.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, Director Clinical Systems Engineering, EMR Clinical Systems, EHR Clinical Systems, Meditech, NextGen, Capex, Opex, Lean Six Sigma, SDLC, ITIL, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, PMI PMBOK, Management, Healthcare, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
Company Will Sponsor Visas!
Looking to hire a Director of Clinical Systems Engineering in Chicago, IL or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Directors of Clinical Systems Engineering for jobs in Chicago, Illinois and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“PLEASE DO NOT APPLY” If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.
We are IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies specializing in full-time direct hire recruitment and contract IT job opportunities. Information technology employment agencies and IT recruiting firms for technical jobs. Expert IT recruiters and top IT search firms for companies and job seekers.
Here are some cities that we do technical staffing and IT recruiting for:
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Silicon Valley, St Louis, Tampa, Washington DC