Next Step Systems
DevOps Systems Engineer, Great Neck, NY
***Company has experienced significant growth, having doubled in size the last 5 years!***
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer with a passion for automation and configuration as well as experience in architecture to join the team. The successful applicant will have experience in working closely with development, support and implementation teams to identify needs and areas for potential improvement. You will be expected to architect and implement solutions to these that are suitable for a global SaaS environment; working with other teams within the wider SaaS Operations team as needed. This will all be with a DevOps mindset of removing barriers and promoting self-enablement wherever possible. This may include implement an automation of deployments across our datacenters or the cloud, improve monitoring or updating Kubernetes to the latest versions. In addition, this role will be helping, along with the wider SaaS Operations team, to keep the infrastructure up and running for external and internal clients.
– Be the point of contact for all teams looking for technical advice or solutions.
– Remove inefficiencies in the way we use (or don’t use (yet)) technology to drive value for the business.
– Use modern principles such as IaC, CI/CD and config management (puppet/ansible) to improve the way we work.
– Work with stakeholders to architect, design, implement and document solutions for the use and optimization of our Infrastructure.
– Become a subject matter expert on the application and infrastructure interfaces for other team members and teams.
– Research and conduct projects for new technical application initiatives.
– Identifying current and emerging technology trends and translating these to potential FlexTrade uses.
– Diagnosing & resolving production issues · Take part in rotation and on-call coverage for the live running of the environments, covering multiple areas.
– Experience in architecting complex, highly available SaaS solutions in a demanding environment and maintain them.
– Strong experience of analyzing existing systems and workflows, identifying potential improvements and implementing CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins, Gitlab (-CI).
– Container ecosystems (k8s experience would be great).
– Understanding of L2/L3 networking.
– Everything as Code mentality.
– Scripting/coding experience in languages such as Bash or Python.
– Configuration management tools such as Puppet and Ansible.
– Monitoring tools, for example SolarWinds, Nagios, PRTG, Prometheus etc.
– Utilizing and extending log management tools, for example Elk Stack or GrayLog.
– Experience with Windows Server, Citrix, VMware and the Cloud.
Keywords: Great Neck NY Jobs, DevOps Systems Engineer, DevOps, SaaS, Kubernetes, CI/CD Tooling, Jenkins, Gitlab, L2/L3 Networking, Bash, Python, Puppet, Ansible, Trading, Financial, New York Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, New York Recruiting
Company Will Sponsor Visas! Company Will Relocate Candidates!
Looking to hire a DevOps Systems Engineer in Great Neck, NY or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire DevOps Systems Engineers for jobs in Great Neck, New York and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at email@example.com.