Next Step Systems
Data Engineer, Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join a growing team of analytics experts. The Data Engineer will be responsible for expanding and optimizing the data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal Data Engineer is an experienced data pipeline builder who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. We have positions available in Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; and Washington, DC as well.
– Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
– Identify, design and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
– Design, develop, and deploy a high-volume ETL pipelining system to manage complex real-time, data collection.
– Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Data and Infrastructure teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
– Cross-train with the rest of the data team members, to support business functions during team members absence.
– Stay current with developments in new market trends and innovations in technology, especially those related to commercial real estate.
– Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field or higher.
– At least 4-5 years of experience in IT, preferably within 1 or more commercial real estate organizations.
– Experienced with systems integrations, business intelligence systems, and database management.
– Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases.
– A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, disconnected data sets.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms and translate business requirements into technical specifications.
– Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities with keen attention to details.
– Knowledge of commercial real estate operations an asset.
– Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or Higher.
– Data warehouse design, development and maintenance, optimization for reporting and analysis.
– SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) – ETL design, development and maintenance.
– SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) – OLAP cube design, development and maintenance.
– SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) – web enabled report design, development and maintenance.
– Strong Microsoft Excel skills including Visual Basic for Applications competency.
– Proficient designing, implementing custom RESTful APIs for usage in integrations with cloud/web-based 3rd party applications.
– Adept at consuming 3rd party web-based APIs and integration end points (RESTful, SOAP, SFTP file transfer, etc.).
– Proficiency with Microsoft C#, .Net Framework preferred.
– Familiarity with MRI real estate enterprise resource planning (ERP) system a plus.
Keywords: Los Angeles CA Jobs, Data Engineer, Business Intelligence, Database Management, SQL Server, Relational Databases, ETL, Large Data Sets, Data Warehouse, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Excel, Visual Basic, California Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, California Recruiting
Company Will Relocate Candidates!
Looking to hire a Data Engineer in Los Angeles, CA or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Data Engineers for jobs in Los Angeles, California and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext. 11 or email us at email@example.com.