Data Center Director
Data Center Director is the principle technical architect for information technology. The Data Center Director is responsible for the design, selection, acquisition and installation of all technology infrastructure including the Enterprise Network. This provides the platform on which all of the enterprise-wide software applications are delivered to users. Reporting directly to the CIO and serve as a key advisor to the CIO on technology investments, innovations and new initiatives.
This key technology leadership role is responsible for creating and managing our forward looking technical roadmap, working in close partnership with the IS leaders, management and vendors. The Data Center Director is also responsible for the selection, acquisition, deployment, management, security and maintenance of all application servers and peripheral equipment attached to the networks. The Director is responsible for leading and managing the Technology Services Group and its assigned professional staff including hiring, firing, training, development and supervision. The individual will lead the acquisition and assessment of new and disruptive technologies that will further advance our mission. The Data Center Director will determine organization’s long-term systems needs and provide leadership to develop and implement technology that improves cost effectiveness, quality of care and growth. The successful candidate will participate in the enterprise-wide IT strategic planning process, prioritize and assign projects, negotiate all information technology acquisition contracts and communicate IT technology plans to inform IS staff. Further, the person will evaluate and recommend technologies and will communicate the technology strategy to vendors, clinicians, management, and employees.
– Provide leadership, vision, and management to the Technology Services Group.
– Storage and Sever Management required.
– Collaborate with the IT Teams to promote innovative and strategic solutions.
– Coach, train, and mentor Technology Services Group on.
– Work with the key stakeholders across the organization to assess and respond to IT needs.
– Review strategic goals and initiatives, promote team building, and work to provide growth paths for staff.
– Provide day-to-day supervision, conduct performance reviews, formulate goals and expectations, and delegate work assignments.
– Assist in recruiting, hiring, and providing appropriate training for IT support staff.
– Responsible for the ordering, acquisition, inventorying, and disposition of hardware and software.
– Serve as primary vendor contact in the generation of bids, contracts, agreements, and other major vendor interactions.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology required.
– Masters level graduate degree highly desirable.
– Extensive IT management and strategic experience.
– A minimum of ten years IT Director level experience in Data Center Virtualization, Mobile Services, NOC, SOC, Service Desk, Cloud Services, etc. in a hospital or healthcare environment plus eight years of experience in all other aspects of information systems functions.
– Successful Network Architecture, Data Center and/or Help Desk Center Experience.
– Knowledge of Cisco UC and VoIP protocols (i.e. H.323, SIP, UDP, RTP).
– Experience in networking with expert knowledge of OSI Layer-1, 2 and 3 including LAN switches, routers, general TCP/IP, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS and associated protocols.
– Experience in system design specification, prototyping, and testing of high-capacity networking systems.
– Experience in Network Operations and Monitoring for a 24X7 environment.
– Experience integrating with SSO, Active Directory, RACF and other security and back-office services.
– Strong work experience with Cisco, EMC, VMWare and Citrix products is required.
– Experience with security framework such as HITRUST.
– Experience with Wireless LAN and 802.11abgn/ac technologies to deliver voice, data & video.
– Experience working with Windows 2003-2012 including Domain Controllers, File, DHCP, DNS, NetIQ.
– Knowledge of communication protocols such as RS232, RS 422, RS485, J1708, J1587, CAN, J1939 and TCP/IP protocol.
– Experience creating, managing, and tracking budget and variance with Kaufman Hall Budget Advisor or Axiom or a similar tool preferred.
– Cisco CCNP and Citrix CCEE certification preferred.
– VMWare VCP and VCDX certification a plus.
– ITIL Certification is desired.
Keywords: Chicago IL Jobs, Data Center Director, Network, Networking, Infrastructure, Data Center Virtualization, Mobile Services, NOC, SOC, Service Desk, Cloud Services, Healthcare Industry, Chicago Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Chicago Recruiting
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems.
We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
Company Will Sponsor Visas!
“PLEASE DO NOT APPLY” If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.