Data Analyst – Will Relocate To Houston, TX!
***Company has experienced consistent growth adding 20% to their headcount each year!***
We are seeking a talented Data Specialist with strong technical skills to join a highly motivated and innovative Data Engineering team. Your efforts will be critical to the success of a global trading business. You will be responsible for the following:
– Curate massive amounts of data for thousands of different tradable instruments, including stocks, bonds, futures, contracts, commodities, and more.
– Perform manual steps and develop programs and processes to ensure the completeness and integrity of financial reference datasets.
– Collaborate with team members to design and develop reliable data pipelines that produce high quality datasets.
– Help drive continuous improvements to data quality procedures and a consistent approach to how data quality is measured, monitored and reported.
– Create systematic and automated processes and tools that allow the team to scale and rapidly onboard new datasets.
– Be part of a team to support the data used by production trading algorithms.
– A bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record, which includes university coursework in programming and computing systems.
– 3+ years of professional experience in an environment that prioritized data quality.
– Experience in UNIX/Linux and Windows environments.
– An understanding of the software development process and strong general experience with hands-on coding in a professional environment. Prior Python experience is required.
– ETL experience is a strong plus.
– Experience with SQL and working with a relational database system, such as Microsoft SQL Server.
– Proven problem-solving and analytical abilities including pattern detection, root cause analysis, and issue resolution.
– Strong communication skills.
– Able to work in an evolving and fast-paced environment and adjust to multiple priorities and timelines.
– While financial industry experience is a plus, we are open-minded in our search for critical thinkers who are passionate about technology and data.
– Experience with Java.
– An understanding of how to design and develop effective data quality tests and measures.
– Relevant experience in data operations, with proven process improvement skills.
– Experience documenting business processes and workflows.
*Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree from a top computer science program preferred. Prefer degrees from Rice University, University of Texas-Austin, Texas A&M, University of Houston, Texas Tech University, University of Georgia, University of Virginia, Duke University. Also, Carnegie Mellon University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology/MIT, Stanford University, University of California-Berkeley, Cornell University, University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign, Princeton University, University of Washington, Georgia Institute of Technology, California Institute of Technology, University of Wisconsin-Madison, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.
Keywords: Houston TX Jobs, Data Analyst, Python, UNIX, Linux, Windows, SQL Server, Texas Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Texas Recruiting
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems.
We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
Company Will Sponsor Visas! Company Will Relocate Candidates!
“PLEASE DO NOT APPLY” If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.