Next Step Systems
Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO), TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly, Annapolis Junction, MD
The Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO) will be primarily responsible for a large program in the Greater Washington DC area but will also collaborate with existing senior staff to implement government and company security requirements associated with performance on classified contracts at the Top Secret/SCI and collateral levels. The successful candidate will perform additional security duties as needed in establishing, implementing, and managing all security requirements and procedures associated with their assigned programs and facilities.
– The security office is accountable for day-to-day implementation and coordination of company guidelines and security practices as outlined in the customer and corporate security manuals and security classification guides.
– Assist in contract guard force management. The security officer will collaborate with the Federal Security staff with personnel security functions, will communicate with customers to obtain rulings, interpretations, and approved deviations for compliance from government customers/regulations.
– Assist in preparing manuals and/or establishing procedures for handling, storing, and recordkeeping of classified material.
– Will the process individuals for personnel security clearances/special accesses; and provide oversight for secure area visit and/or entry control.
– Responsible for assisting with security awareness training and education classes, providing initial and recurring security briefings; investigate security violations and prepare reports specifying preventative action to be taken.
– Participate in security and risk assessments.
– Candidate must be able to work closely with government security counterparts, internal/external program managers, and other industry customers/partners to ensure program success.
– Security officer will be responsible for completing task related to the certification and accreditation of secure areas.
– College Degree or equivalent work experience.
– 10+ years of job-related security experience.
– Must have a TS/SCI eligibility with Full Scope Polygraph.
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
– Well organized and detail oriented with an ability to multi-task.
– High ethical standards are a must.
– Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Ability to work under pressure.
– Experience as or working closely with a Facility Security Officer, as defined in the NISPOM.
– Experience working as a CSSO. Mandatory understanding of DNI directives and the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
– Familiarity with EQIP and DISS.
– Personnel Security processing, experience Certification and Accreditation.
– Excellent problem-solving skills.
Keywords: Annapolis Junction MD Jobs, Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO), Security, DNI Directives, NISPOM, National Industry Security Program Operating Manual, EQIP, DISS, Security Processing, Maryland Recruiters, IT Jobs, Maryland Recruiting
Looking to hire a Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO) in Annapolis Junction, MD or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Contractor Special Security Officers (CSSO) for jobs in Annapolis Junction, Maryland and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.