Next Step Systems
Cloud Architect, Boston, MA
As the Cloud Architect, you will be responsible for designing, creating, communicating, and executing the Enterprise Private, Hybrid and Public Cloud Strategy for the company and its subsidiaries. This role will focus on developing Enterprise Cloud capabilities, both internal, hybrid and external, and all cloud service types – IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS. Collaborates with the Infrastructure, Technology Risk Management and Application Development organizations during Cloud System design and development phases, providing advice, interpretation, and review of Enterprise Cloud architecture and design principles. Focuses on overall project technical and architecture design, quality of solution, knowledge transfer to other areas, and mentoring the project technical team members. Conducts research and understands cloud computing industry trends with regards to technology and adoption and can understand and evaluate the use of automated tools and utilities and how they relate in support of the overall Enterprise Architecture.
– Enables company to implement the most optimal and effective, business solutions.
– Maintains understanding of existing applications and technology solutions for leveraging the reuse of services and for the consolidation of services.
– Identifies and researches opportunities for converging diverse solutions to a single architecture.
– Develops and documents architecture solutions, including designs, guidelines and architecture-specific standards for enterprise-wide implementation.
– Leads and enables collaboration across technology specialties and ensures that ADM, Infrastructure, Information Security and Architecture are all working together.
– Obtains concurrence and agreement on architecture solutions from, as applicable: Applications Development, Infrastructure, CISO, Internal Audit, and Product Management.
– Supports adherence to relevant ADM/CMMI, ITIL, internal audit, and risk-management standards. Architects the group’s security policies to ensure compliance with relevant departmental, company-wide, and industry-mandated policies and directives.
– Maintains understanding of emerging architecture concepts and methods and associated technology trends.
– Conducts presentations and education on Architecture’s concepts and solutions to appropriate areas of the company.
– Participates in the design, specification, and implementation of business and technology projects, assuring and resolving adherence to enterprise-wide solutions.
– Provides guidance and leadership for technology standardization process.
– Works across IT to identify opportunities for reusing technology.
– Define standards and policies for the security, compliance and governance of data and information stored or processed at an external Cloud provider, including IaaS (Infrastructure), PaaS (Application Platform) and SaaS (Software) models.
– Establish an Enterprise Cloud strategy, standards and best practices associated with all aspects Cloud offerings.
– Secure and compliant data and messaging egress and ingress.
– Federated authentication and authorization models.
– Automated workload lifecycle management.
– Data and information at rest encryption and security.
– Application porting, integration, and maintenance.
– On-demand, self-service access to Enterprise Cloud applications, platforms and offerings.
– Overall cloud management tools, monitoring, alerting, chargeback, capacity and performance management, and service level objective definitions.
– Advanced degree in a technical discipline preferred.
– Experience with Amazon’s EC2, VPC, and S3, Microsoft’s Azure, OpenStack and the JBoss SOA stack.
– In depth knowledge of Cloud Management tools and methodologies.
– AWS Certified Solutions Architect preferred, with extensive hands on experience as a Cloud Architect in an enterprise environment.
– Minimum of 10 years’ experience in IT platform, storage, and network virtualization architecture and engineering, including:
– In depth knowledge of private, hybrid and public cloud offerings and vendors.
– In depth knowledge of the complete VMware datacenter and desktop technology stack.
– In depth knowledge of alternative hypervisor platforms and their management capabilities (Xen, XenServer, KVM, Hyper-V).
– In depth knowledge of storage and network virtualization technologies, capabilities, trends and the automated interaction with the physical infrastructure (EMC, NetApp, HP, Cisco).
– In depth knowledge of virtualization management and monitoring technologies, capabilities and market trends.
– In depth knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Microsoft Windows Server Operating platforms.
– In depth experience with Cloud methodologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), automation, orchestration, cost frameworks, trends and industry-leading private/public/hybrid cloud vendor offerings and interoperability.
– Experience with Amazon Services such as AWS, S3, Elastic load balancing / Block / Relational Database.
– Experience architecting automated data center processes, including provisioning, application and patch management, monitoring and alerting, capacity monitoring and planning, leveraging execution and human approval workflow design and implementation.
– Experience with Business Continuity and Disaster Recover design, planning and implementation for virtualized infrastructures.
– Experience in Linux System Administration.
– Experience scripting with bash, Ruby, Python and/or similar.
– Experience in virtualization tools like Vagrant and Docker.
– Experience with Continuous Development/Deployment/Integration design and best practices.
– Experience managing and working with configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible).
– Experience in Agile development practices (Kanban or Scrum).
– Ability to see opportunities for improvement, take ownership and work closely with others to drive operational improvement.
– Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to correlate system behaviors based on known interdependencies between those systems.
– Ability to handle ambiguity, embracing change and helping others see it as an opportunity and able to stay focused on goals while adapting to change.
– Experience with IBM Mainframe platforms including LPAR, IFL, zVM & zLinux.
– Experience with IBM P-Series platforms including LPAR, dynamic LPAR, Micro-Partitioning, Virtual I/O – Server and Capacity on Demand.
– Experience with MS Windows (server and desktop), Solaris, Linux (RHEL & SLES), AIX Operating platforms.
– Experience with Web technologies including web services architectures and security.
– Experience with RDBMS technologies including Oracle RAC, Sybase, MS-SQL, DB2.
– Experience with 10G & 40G network technologies and I/O Virtualization.
– Experience overhauling legacy applications to work with modern technologies.
– Experienced with Atlassian as an Agile development management tool (JIRA).
– Experience with various application architectures.
Keywords: Boston MA Jobs, Cloud Architect, AWS, Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Cloud Management, Linux, Windows, VmWare, Software Developer, Software Engineer, Programming, Programmer Analyst, Massachusetts Recruiters, IT Jobs, Massachusetts Recruiting
Looking to hire a Cloud Architect in Boston, MA or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Cloud Architects for jobs in Boston, Massachusetts and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at email@example.com.