C++ Software Engineer
A rapidly growing proprietary trading firm with offices in Chicago, London and New York City is seeking experienced Software Engineers to join a growing London team building and expanding the European business. The position involves working closely with other developers, traders and quants, with a focus on enhancing low-latency trading infrastructure to support the goals of the London office. Responsibilities will include performance optimization; exchange connectivity; market data infrastructure; back-testing tools; calculation engines; risk management & compliance monitoring. The Software Engineer will be expected to have advanced knowledge of C++ (preferably C++11); a good understanding of core computer science concepts; and have experience of optimization techniques.
– Core proficiency in C++, ideally C++11 in a low-latency environment.
– At least 2-5 years’ experience of complex object-oriented design and development.
– Experience with scripting languages, such as Python.
– Good problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail.
– Comfortable joining a small, fast-paced office.
– Is able to build effective forms of communication with peers in London and in remote offices.
– Someone who is self-motivated and has a passion for technology.
– Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year university in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
– Strong GPA (3.5 or higher)
– Holds a BA degree or higher in computer science, engineering, math or physics is a plus.
– Has demonstrated a breadth of development experience as well as depth in at least one area is a plus.
– Experience of multi-threading, socket-based applications, and real-time systems is a plus.
– Knowledge of trading, finance systems, or exchange technology is a plus.
Keywords: London UK Jobs, C++ Software Engineer, C++, C++11, Low Latency, Object Oriented Design & Development, Scripting, Python, Software Developer, Programming, Programmer Analyst, Trading, Financial, London Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, London Recruiting
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems.
We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
Company Will Relocate Candidates!
“PLEASE DO NOT APPLY” If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.