Business Analyst Manager – Will Relocate to Houston, TX!
***Company has experienced consistent growth adding 20% to their headcount each year!***
Fantastic opportunity with a very successful, growing company with cutting-edge technology and a staff consisting of many of the brightest technical talent in the world. Will relocate the right candidate. Will sponsor Visas. Candidates with experience at finance, trading, software and/or technology companies preferred.
We are seeking a talented Data Analyst Manager to join a highly motivated and innovative Data Engineering team. You will manage the processes and people responsible for foundational data environment, including activities related to data ingestion, cleansing, transformation and quality.
- Develop and lead a team of analysts with the skills, capabilities, and passion necessary to successfully drive and sustain a data focused culture.
- Develop and implement quality controls and departmental standards to ensure uninterrupted day-to-day data operations.
- Define, develop and provide insights, metrics and analysis to drive the decision-making process that supports business operations.
- Partner with internal Business Partners to understand business needs and define future data requirements.
- Facility a data-driven, statistical approach to problem solving, including gathering, analyzing and reporting data.
- Lead and execute process and data improvement projects.
- Focus on automation and utilizing technology to provide repeatable solutions.
- Manage Data Analysts. Passionate about managing. Finance industry background highly preferred. Managed at least 3 in the past.
- Candidates MUST have experience with at least 2 of the following: 1. Capital Markets knowledge – a deep understanding of a variety of asset classes in an institutional investment environment. 2. Currently coding in Python at an expert level, professionally. 3. Has directly managed 5+ people for 3+ years.
- Senior Business Analysts (or BA managers) who work for hedge funds or big banks.
- Professionals who work in the risk management organizations of financial firms.
- Professionals who work in the back office of large financial firms.
- A bachelor’s degree in an analytical or technical discipline with a strong academic record.
- 5+ years of analyst experience obtained through progressive analytical and operational work experience.
- 3+ years of direct leadership experience.
- Experience in both UNIX/Linux and Windows environments is a plus.
- Experience with SQL and working with a relational database system, such as Microsoft SQL Server.
- Proven problem-solving and analytical abilities including pattern detection, root cause analysis, and issue resolution.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to work in an evolving and fast-paced environment and adjust to multiple priorities and timelines.
- Financial domain experience in a trading environment.
- Database/ETL experience is a plus.
- Experience with Python (and/or Java) is a plus.
- Experience documenting business processes and workflows.
- An understanding of how to design and develop effective data quality tests and measures.
*Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree from a top computer science program preferred. Prefer degrees from Rice University, University of Texas-Austin, Texas A&M, University of Houston, Texas Tech University, University of Georgia, University of Virginia, Duke University. Also, Carnegie Mellon University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology/MIT, Stanford University, University of California-Berkeley, Cornell University, University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign, Princeton University, University of Washington, Georgia Institute of Technology, California Institute of Technology, University of Wisconsin-Madison, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.
Keywords: Houston TX Jobs, Business Analyst Manager, SQL, SQL Server, Relational Database Systems, Data Quality, Management, Trading, Financial, Texas Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, Texas Recruiting
If you are an employer and recruiting for similar IT professionals / positions, please contact our Technical Recruiters at Next Step Systems.
We are a national IT Recruiting Firm / Agency specializing in full-time direct hire Information Technology employment opportunities.
Company Will Relocate Candidates!
“PLEASE DO NOT APPLY” If You Are A Consulting Firm, Third Party Recruiter Or Seeking Corp-To-Corp; W-2 Direct Hire Only.