Next Step Systems
Beckhoff and Allen Bradley Controls Engineer, Plano, TX
The Controls Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the complete development lifecycle for all controls systems including those of third-party systems. This is a full-time position within the Software Engineering division of the Information Technology (IT) organization and requires daily attendance at the Plano, Texas headquarters. This position reports to the Director of Software Engineering.
– Oversee the development lifecycle for all controls systems. These include internally develop systems and those provided by third parties for integration into our offerings, including integrated robotic systems and third-party building automation and control systems.
– Knowledge and working experience with programable logic controllers (Structured Text) i.e., Beckhoff & Allen-Bradley based PLC systems.
– Separating and overseeing the development, support and continued enhancement of the control system, the primary controls product offered by the Company.
– Responsible for ensuring the proper design and implementation of appropriate control systems for life safety, equipment safety, and the primary operation of the electrical, cooling and robotic systems within various offerings of the company.
– When necessary and appropriate, at the direction of the VP of Software Engineering, identifying, engaging with and managing the relationship with all third-party controls firms, including hardware providers and third party software development organizations.
– Occasional travel, either in support of Company field activates, customer engagements, or promotional and trade related events.
– Performing other tasks and undertaking additional roles and responsibilities as directed and required by company management.
– Minimum of 7 years of experience in the field of controls engineering.
– Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a position which required the management of an outside contract based software development organization.
– Knowledge and working experience with Programable Logic Controllers (Structured Text) i.e., Beckhoff & Allen-Bradley based PLC systems.
– Extensive knowledge of IEC 61131 based design, development and troubleshooting for process control ladder logic implementations.
– Knowledge and working experience with HMI systems i.e., InduSoft.
– Experience working with I2C based communications and similar protocols.
– The ability to work independently, as part of a team, or as the manager of multiple teams working towards simultaneous parallel or independent objectives.
– The ability to type at least 50 words per minute.
– Effective written and oral communication skills.
Keywords: Plano TX Jobs, Beckhoff and Allen Bradley Controls Engineer, IEC 61131, Process Control Ladder, Logic Implementations, PLC Systems, HIM Systems, I2C, Beckhoff, Indusoft, Texas Recruiters, IT Jobs, Texas Recruiting
Looking to hire a Beckhoff and Allen Bradley Controls Engineer in Plano, TX or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Beckhoff and Allen Bradley Controls Engineers for jobs in Plano, Texas and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.