Next Step Systems
Back-End Developer, Plano, TX
This role will be responsible for the design, development, testing, maintenance and support of existing and future software applications. This is a full-time position within the Software Engineering division of the company’s Information Technology (IT) organization and requires daily attendance at the company’s Plano, Texas headquarters and reports to the Director of Software Engineering.
– Develop, maintain, debug, and document application code, database structure, supporting scripts and libraries, and other application components.
– Develop application and platform requirements and implementation specifications.
– Develop procedures and methodologies for quality control and verification of proper operation.
– Test and maintain application code and other application elements to ensure proper functionality, resource optimization, and effective security.
– Assist with the review of applications and support elements for the purpose of identifying potential improvements, enhancements, or other changes.
– Investigate reports of application bugs, exploits, improper functionality and other abnormalities reported by internal and external users.
– Provide tier 2 and tier 3 application support for both internal and external application users.
– Perform other tasks and undertake additional roles and responsibilities as directed and required by company management.
– Minimum 7 years of experience developing PHP based applications.
– Minimum 5 years of experience developing applications which employ a command backend framework such is Laravel.
– Experience with the use of git base revision control systems.
– Experience with the agile software development lifecycle practices.
– Experience with writing secure software applications.
– The ability to work independently, as part of a team, or in coordination with multiple teams working towards simultaneous parallel or independent objectives.
– Effective written and oral communication skills.
Nice to have:
– Experience leveraging Docker as an application deployment strategy.
– Experience interacting with MQTT or other IoT communication methodologies.
– Experience leveraging Elasticsearch for both log-based application debugging and object storage/retrieval.
– Experience writing/understanding relational database queries.
– Experience writing integration and/or unit tests leveraging phpunit.
– Familiarity with the operation, configuration and administration of datacenter-based server, power and networking equipment.
– Knowledge of common datacenter systems, operational practices, and communication protocols.
Keywords: Plano TX Jobs, Back-End Developer, PHP, Backend Framework, Laravel, git, Agile, Software Developer, Software Engineer, Programmer Analyst, Programming, Texas Recruiters, IT Jobs, Texas Recruiting
Looking to hire a Back-End Developer in Plano, TX or in other cities? Our IT recruiting agencies and staffing companies can help.
We help companies that are looking to hire Back-End Developers for jobs in Plano, Texas and in other cities too. Please contact our IT recruiting agencies and IT staffing companies today! Phone 630-428-0600 ext 11 or email us at email@example.com.