Sr VMware Engineer - Operations, Production
Will relocate the right candidate.
This position is for production and operations,
The team is responsible for ensuring a stable
and reliable server infrastructure (Windows,
Linux, ESX), and for overseeing the building
and deployment of machines into that environment.
The team is expanding to meet the operational
demands of a fast growing infrastructure. We
are seeking talented individuals with the interest
and capability to drive operational processes
to the next level.
The Senior VMware Administrator is part of
a team responsible for the day-to-day administration,
operation, and support of virtual platform infrastructure
(VMware ESX environment).
This person must be a hands-on VMware ESX technology
expert and must be able to operate and help
improve the existing incident, request, change,
problem, and risk management processes. This
role includes 24x7 off-hours support responsibilities.
This position will report to the IT Systems
We want to hire someone who strives for excellence
and constant improvement in a dynamic environment.
As a senior member of IT department, you will
be working on the mission-critical systems and
shared infrastructure used to operate all of
our research, trading, and back office systems.
-Helping to define and execute ongoing administration
and health maintenance plans, procedures, and
-Creating and implementing a systems administration
and improvement program to maximize uptime and
service delivery in accordance with business
needs and priorities
-Diagnosing, resolving, and communicating advanced
-Communicating with internal clients and stakeholders
-Acting as a hands-on senior technical resource
for several systems administrators while coaching,
training, and directing the work of junior teammates
-Deep and broad experience with ESX VMware (
versions 3.x and 4.x) and relevant training
or certifications: VMware Certified Professional
(VCP), VMware Certified Advanced Professional
(VCAP), VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX)
-Experience performing second and third-level
VMware ESX operations support at a mid to large-scale
-Good understanding of related storage and network
-Understanding of the pillars of the ITIL framework
-Must have excellent organizational, verbal
and written communication skills
-Must have a high degree of technical curiosity
and a real passion for technology
-Deep and broad experience with Microsoft server
technologies and relevant training or certifications
-Microsoft clustering, Linux, MS Exchange, and
other systems administration experience
-Experience with VDI/VMware View, VMware SRM,
P2V and V2V technologies
-Experience in organizations that are not fully
formed and matured – i.e. the ideal candidate
needs to be comfortable bringing order to chaos,
but knows what order looks like and how it comes
Technology jobs, VMware, VMware ESX, VCP, VCAP,
- CHICAGO JOBS - Financial Services Opportunities. SR Developer, Treasury / Database Specialist / C++ Software Engineers / SR Network Engineer / Information Security Analyst / BI - ETL Developer / C# Software Developer with Options / Sr Database Administrator / Head Of Network Engineering / FPGA Engineer / Linux Systems Administrator / Quantitative Developers / Java Developers / Plus More!
- COLUMBUS OH JOB - Field Service Technician / Electromechanical. Need PLC experience.
- MINNEAPOLIS MN - Customer Support Engineers with break/fix on servers. HOT TO HIRE!
- AUSTIN TX JOBS - Trader with 2-5 years of relevant sales, trading, or financial work experience. Will consider recent grads with stellar academic record and relevant internship work. Bachelor degree, at minimum, from a leading accredited academic institution with a strong GPA (3.5 or better).
- SCHAUMBURG IL JOBS - Salesforce Architect. Building Applications with Force.com and Visualforce certification (DEV401)
- TINLEY PARK IL JOBS - Systems Support Analyst III - Oracle. Strong functional and technical experience with Oracle Order Management (OM) and Warehouse Management (WMS).
- WINSTON-SALEM NC - Customer Support Engineers with break/fix on servers.
- TORRANCE CA JOBS - HR Manager / User Interface designer / Quality Engineer III / Systems Engineer III / Program Lead - Bi-lingual / Sr Software Engineer.
- MILWAUKEE WI JOBS - Director of IT. 7-10 years of professional IT leadership experience in a corporate environment. Strong insight of emerging technologies that can drive corporate performance.
- CHICAGO IL JOBS - JD Edwards Software Developer with 5 -10 years experience developing and supporting JDE Enterprise One systems using developer?s toolset, SQL query analyzer and other tools.
- CHICAGO IL JOBS - SR Network Engineer. Local Area Network (LAN) and Area Network (WAN) design and administration. Internet and remote (VPN, BGP) connectivity. Level 3 support and troubleshooting skills on WAN and LAN .
- TOPEKA KANSAS JOBS - Linux Infrastructure Engineer.
- CHICAGO JOBS - Financial Services Opportunities. SR Network Engineer / Information Security Analyst / BI - ETL Developer / C# Software Developer with Options / Database Specialist / Sr Database Administrator / Head Of Network Engineering / C++ Software Developers / FPGA Engineer / Sr Architect / Linux Systems Administrator / Quantitative Developers / Java Developers / Plus More!
- PLYMOUTH MI JOBS - MULTIPLE OPENINGS - Electrical Engineer - Infotainment / Software Engineer with Linux / Quality Engineer / Bilingual-Software Systems Engineer III (Japanese)
- HOUSTON TX JOBS - MULTIPLE OPENINGS - Software Engineer with GUI Development / Software Engineeer Web 2.0 / Data Analyst with SQL / Data Software Engineer / Financial Applications Engineer / Information Systems Administrator / Plus more. Need a good GPA and degree.
- NEW YORK CITY JOBS - Large Hedge Fund is expanding! Linux Systems Administrator / FPGA Engineer / Windows Engineer / Software Engineer Web 2.0 / Software Engineer Test / C++ Developers / Java Developers / Plus More! Need a degree with a good GPA. Will relocate and sponsor.
- GREAT NECK NY JOBS - Implementation Project Manager with 5 years of front office exp.
- BREA CA JOB - Senior Software Architect / Software Application Manager. .net / C#. Need 2.
- FARMINGTON HILLS MI JOBS - Database Developer with Oracle / Sr Developer (Java/J2EE, C#, .Net, VB, Web Services and XML) / Software Architect (5-10 yrs architecting, designing and developing web-based enterprise apps).
- CHICAGO IL JOB - .net Developers. Mid to Sr level. Multiple needs. Permanent full-time positions.
---> NEW OPPORTUNITIES ADDED DAILY! Please send your resume with salary information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about this opportunity
Site Map | Home
Page | Jobs By Region
| Links Page
Area Trading Jobs in IT | New
York Area Trading Jobs in IT | Philadelphia
Area Trading Jobs in IT | Silicon
Valley Area Trading Jobs in IT