Sr VMware Engineer - Operations, Production
Will relocate the right candidate.
This position is for production and operations,
The team is responsible for ensuring a stable
and reliable server infrastructure (Windows,
Linux, ESX), and for overseeing the building
and deployment of machines into that environment.
The team is expanding to meet the operational
demands of a fast growing infrastructure. We
are seeking talented individuals with the interest
and capability to drive operational processes
to the next level.
The Senior VMware Administrator is part of
a team responsible for the day-to-day administration,
operation, and support of virtual platform infrastructure
(VMware ESX environment).
This person must be a hands-on VMware ESX technology
expert and must be able to operate and help
improve the existing incident, request, change,
problem, and risk management processes. This
role includes 24x7 off-hours support responsibilities.
This position will report to the IT Systems
We want to hire someone who strives for excellence
and constant improvement in a dynamic environment.
As a senior member of IT department, you will
be working on the mission-critical systems and
shared infrastructure used to operate all of
our research, trading, and back office systems.
-Helping to define and execute ongoing administration
and health maintenance plans, procedures, and
-Creating and implementing a systems administration
and improvement program to maximize uptime and
service delivery in accordance with business
needs and priorities
-Diagnosing, resolving, and communicating advanced
-Communicating with internal clients and stakeholders
-Acting as a hands-on senior technical resource
for several systems administrators while coaching,
training, and directing the work of junior teammates
-Deep and broad experience with ESX VMware (
versions 3.x and 4.x) and relevant training
or certifications: VMware Certified Professional
(VCP), VMware Certified Advanced Professional
(VCAP), VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX)
-Experience performing second and third-level
VMware ESX operations support at a mid to large-scale
-Good understanding of related storage and network
-Understanding of the pillars of the ITIL framework
-Must have excellent organizational, verbal
and written communication skills
-Must have a high degree of technical curiosity
and a real passion for technology
-Deep and broad experience with Microsoft server
technologies and relevant training or certifications
-Microsoft clustering, Linux, MS Exchange, and
other systems administration experience
-Experience with VDI/VMware View, VMware SRM,
P2V and V2V technologies
-Experience in organizations that are not fully
formed and matured – i.e. the ideal candidate
needs to be comfortable bringing order to chaos,
but knows what order looks like and how it comes
Technology jobs, VMware, VMware ESX, VCP, VCAP,
- CHICAGO JOBS - HOT TO HIRE! Financial Services, Hedge Funds, High Frequency Trading and Proprietary Trading Opportunities. C++ and Java Software Engineers / Quantitative Developers / Sybase Developer / SR Sybase Developer / Recruiter / Jr C++ Developer / Java Developers / FPGA Electrical Engineer / Jr FPGA Engineer / Algorithmic Trader / Network Engineers / Sr Network Engineers / C# ASP Software Engineer / SR Developer with WPF, .net and C# / Linux Systems Administrator / Linux Systems Engineer / Information Security Analyst / C++ Software Engineers / C++ Trading Systems Developer / SR Financial Engineer / Trade Support Engineer / Jr Trader / Experienced Trader / Sr Database Administrator / Plus More!
- NEW YORK CITY JOBS - Large Hedge Fund is expanding! Trade Support / Treasury Analyst / Quantitative Analyst / C++ Developers / Java Developers / Linux Software Support Engineer / Quantitative Research Associate / Quantitative Software Engineer / Linux Systems Administrator / FPGA Engineer / QA Developer / High Frequency Market Data Software Engineer / Electronic Algorithmic Trader / High Frequency Quantitative Analyst / Software Engineer Test / Business Development Associate / Plus More! Need a degree with a good GPA. Will relocate and sponsor.
- CHICAGO IL - Systems Engineer - Active Directory Services, Backup and recovery techniques, Citrix XEN 6.x, Current versions of Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems, DNS and DHC, Exchange 2010. Hot to hire!
- GREAT NECK NY JOBS - Jr C++ Software Developer / Java Developer / C++ Developer / C++ Support / Implementation Project Manager. HOT TO HIRE! Will sponsor.
- HUNTINGTON BEACH CA and CHICAGO IL JOBS - Sr Solutions Engineer. Pre-sales. Netowrking, storage, etc.
- WORK FROM ANYWHERE IN THE US - Sales Executive - Hospitality Software Sales Management experience.
- CHICAGO IL JOBS - Salesforce Architect and Salesforce Business Analyst. Large Financial Services company.
- AUSTIN TX - IT Operations / End User Support Analyst. Financial Services company.
- CHICAGO IL - Sr ASP.NET or Java Software Engineer. Data mining applications.
- BOSTON MA, CHICAGO IL, NEW YORK CITY, WARREN NJ - 5+ years enterprise experience selling software applications and/or software as a service while employed at a security software company.
- DALLAS TX, SAN FRANCISCO CA, CHICAGO IL (entry level), CLEVELAND OH, COLUMBUS OH,, SOUTH BEND IN, Field Service Technicians. PLC Programming, Electro-mechanical.
- TORRANCE CA JOBS - HR Manager / Digital Design UI / Quality Engineer III / Systems Engineer III / Program Lead - Bi-lingual Japanese / Sr Software Engineer / Electrical Engineer Bi-Lingual Japanese / UI Designer
- NOVI MI JOBS - MULTIPLE OPENINGS - Quality Technican Warranty / Electrical Engineer - Infotainment / Software Engineer with Linux / Quality Engineer / Bilingual-Software Systems Engineer III (Japanese) / Plus More.
- HOUSTON TX JOBS - MULTIPLE OPENINGS! Quantitative Software Engineer / Data Analyst with SQL / Data Software Engineer / Financial Applications Engineer / Software Engineer with GUI Development / Software Engineer Web 2.0 / Plus more. Need a good GPA and degree.
- SOMERSET NJ JOBS - Windows Support Engineer. Linux is a +. Need excellent client skills.
- FARMINGTON HILLS MI JOBS - Database Developer with Oracle / Sr Developer (Java/J2EE, C#, .Net, VB, Web Services and XML) / Software Architect (5-10 yrs architecting, designing and developing web-based enterprise apps).
---> NEW OPPORTUNITIES ADDED DAILY! Please send your resume with salary information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about this opportunity
Site Map | Home
Page | Jobs By Region
| Links Page
Area Trading Jobs in IT | New
York Area Trading Jobs in IT | Philadelphia
Area Trading Jobs in IT | Silicon
Valley Area Trading Jobs in IT