Sr VMware Engineer - Operations, Production
Will relocate the right candidate.
This position is for production and operations,
The team is responsible for ensuring a stable
and reliable server infrastructure (Windows,
Linux, ESX), and for overseeing the building
and deployment of machines into that environment.
The team is expanding to meet the operational
demands of a fast growing infrastructure. We
are seeking talented individuals with the interest
and capability to drive operational processes
to the next level.
The Senior VMware Administrator is part of
a team responsible for the day-to-day administration,
operation, and support of virtual platform infrastructure
(VMware ESX environment).
This person must be a hands-on VMware ESX technology
expert and must be able to operate and help
improve the existing incident, request, change,
problem, and risk management processes. This
role includes 24x7 off-hours support responsibilities.
This position will report to the IT Systems
We want to hire someone who strives for excellence
and constant improvement in a dynamic environment.
As a senior member of IT department, you will
be working on the mission-critical systems and
shared infrastructure used to operate all of
our research, trading, and back office systems.
-Helping to define and execute ongoing administration
and health maintenance plans, procedures, and
-Creating and implementing a systems administration
and improvement program to maximize uptime and
service delivery in accordance with business
needs and priorities
-Diagnosing, resolving, and communicating advanced
-Communicating with internal clients and stakeholders
-Acting as a hands-on senior technical resource
for several systems administrators while coaching,
training, and directing the work of junior teammates
-Deep and broad experience with ESX VMware (
versions 3.x and 4.x) and relevant training
or certifications: VMware Certified Professional
(VCP), VMware Certified Advanced Professional
(VCAP), VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX)
-Experience performing second and third-level
VMware ESX operations support at a mid to large-scale
-Good understanding of related storage and network
-Understanding of the pillars of the ITIL framework
-Must have excellent organizational, verbal
and written communication skills
-Must have a high degree of technical curiosity
and a real passion for technology
-Deep and broad experience with Microsoft server
technologies and relevant training or certifications
-Microsoft clustering, Linux, MS Exchange, and
other systems administration experience
-Experience with VDI/VMware View, VMware SRM,
P2V and V2V technologies
-Experience in organizations that are not fully
formed and matured – i.e. the ideal candidate
needs to be comfortable bringing order to chaos,
but knows what order looks like and how it comes
Technology jobs, VMware, VMware ESX, VCP, VCAP,
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New York City, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Silicon Valley, St Louis, Tampa, Washington DC
- CHICAGO JOBS - HOT TO HIRE! Financial Services, Hedge Funds, High Frequency Trading and Proprietary Trading Opportunities. Project Manager / FPGA Electrical Engineer / C++ Software Engineer / Java Developer / QA Director / Trade Support Engineer / Quality Assurance Engineer / SR Java Software Engineer / Sr Network Engineers - Architect / Build Manager / Trading Technical Operations Analyst / SR Developer with WPF, .net and C# / C++ and Java Software Engineers / Quantitative Developers / C++ Trading Systems Developer / Financial Engineer / Plus More!
- NEW YORK CITY JOBS - Large Hedge Fund is expanding! Modeling and Trading Developer / Quantitative Analyst / Quantitative Developer / Full Stack Analytics Engineer / C++ Developers / Java Developers / Quantitative Software Engineer / Plus More! Need a degree with a good GPA. Will relocate and sponsor.
- WEST WARWICK RI - Director of Information Systems. Manufacturing / Distribution experience.
- TORRANCE CA - 2 Positions Available. Systems Administrator with Linux, Windows and support / Database Administrator.
- NEW YORK CITY JOBS - Chicago-based trading firm is expanding in New York City! Quantitative Developer, ETF Quantitative Developer, C++ Software Developer and a Technical Operations Analyst.
- FARMINGTON HILLS MI - SR IT Manager. Linux Server skills, Oracle and Active Directory. Will help relocate.
- CINCINNATI OH - Network Administrator.
- HOUSTON TX JOBS - MULTIPLE OPENINGS! Quantitative Software Engineer / Data Software Engineer / Financial Applications Engineer / Web 2.0 Software Engineer / Systems Support Engineer / Plus more. Need a good GPA and degree.
- NOVI MI JOBS - MULTIPLE OPENINGS - Voice Recognition Systems Engineer / ADQP Quality Engineer / APQP Engineer / Software Engineer C++ / Software Engineer Visual C++ / Software Engineer Embedded C++ Linux / Infotainment SR Software Engineer C++ / Automotive experience is a + / Plus More.
- CHICAGO JOBS - LMS Consultant (Learning Management Systems). HOT TO HIRE!
- LAS VEGA and LOS ANGELES - Global Director of Channeel Sales. HOT TO HIRE!
- COLUMBUS OH and MINNEAPOLIS MN - Network Engineers. All levels needed. HOT TO HIRE!
- BERKELEY CA - PeopleSoft Systems Analyst. Grants and Contracts.
- PRINCETON NJ - Linux Systems Administrator.
- BATON ROUGE LA, SHREVPORT LA, SPRINGFIELD MA, AUSTIN TX - Field Support Engineers. Medical Instrumentation. Multiple locations available.
- OKLAHOMA CITY OK, SAN FRANCISCO CA, SAN JOSE CA, SACRAMENTO CA - Medical Instrument Technicians (Technical Support Specialist).
- BEDFORD TX - Software Developer. C# and ASP.NET. Multiple positions. Very hot to hire!
- GREAT NECK NY - C++ Algorithmic Developer / Trade Support Engineer / Sybase Developer / Java Developer / C++ Developer / C# .net Developer. HOT TO HIRE! Will sponsor.
- BURLINGTON NC - C, C++, C# or VB Software Developer. HOT TO HIRE! Will sponsor.
- WARREN NJ - Technical Sales Engineer with Security and an IT Director Of Marketing.
- FARMINGTON HILLS MI JOBS - Database Developer with Oracle / Sr Developer (Java/J2EE, C#, .Net, VB, Web Services and XML).
---> NEW OPPORTUNITIES ADDED DAILY! Please send your resume with salary information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about this opportunity
Site Map | Home
Page | Jobs By Region
| Links Page
Area Trading Jobs in IT | New
York Area Trading Jobs in IT | Philadelphia
Area Trading Jobs in IT | Silicon
Valley Area Trading Jobs in IT