Sr VMware Engineer - Operations, Production
Will relocate the right candidate.
This position is for production and operations,
The team is responsible for ensuring a stable
and reliable server infrastructure (Windows,
Linux, ESX), and for overseeing the building
and deployment of machines into that environment.
The team is expanding to meet the operational
demands of a fast growing infrastructure. We
are seeking talented individuals with the interest
and capability to drive operational processes
to the next level.
The Senior VMware Administrator is part of
a team responsible for the day-to-day administration,
operation, and support of virtual platform infrastructure
(VMware ESX environment).
This person must be a hands-on VMware ESX technology
expert and must be able to operate and help
improve the existing incident, request, change,
problem, and risk management processes. This
role includes 24x7 off-hours support responsibilities.
This position will report to the IT Systems
We want to hire someone who strives for excellence
and constant improvement in a dynamic environment.
As a senior member of IT department, you will
be working on the mission-critical systems and
shared infrastructure used to operate all of
our research, trading, and back office systems.
-Helping to define and execute ongoing administration
and health maintenance plans, procedures, and
-Creating and implementing a systems administration
and improvement program to maximize uptime and
service delivery in accordance with business
needs and priorities
-Diagnosing, resolving, and communicating advanced
-Communicating with internal clients and stakeholders
-Acting as a hands-on senior technical resource
for several systems administrators while coaching,
training, and directing the work of junior teammates
-Deep and broad experience with ESX VMware (
versions 3.x and 4.x) and relevant training
or certifications: VMware Certified Professional
(VCP), VMware Certified Advanced Professional
(VCAP), VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX)
-Experience performing second and third-level
VMware ESX operations support at a mid to large-scale
-Good understanding of related storage and network
-Understanding of the pillars of the ITIL framework
-Must have excellent organizational, verbal
and written communication skills
-Must have a high degree of technical curiosity
and a real passion for technology
-Deep and broad experience with Microsoft server
technologies and relevant training or certifications
-Microsoft clustering, Linux, MS Exchange, and
other systems administration experience
-Experience with VDI/VMware View, VMware SRM,
P2V and V2V technologies
-Experience in organizations that are not fully
formed and matured – i.e. the ideal candidate
needs to be comfortable bringing order to chaos,
but knows what order looks like and how it comes
Technology jobs, VMware, VMware ESX, VCP, VCAP,
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New York City, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Silicon Valley, St Louis, Tampa, Washington DC
- CHICAGO JOBS - HOT TO HIRE! Financial Services, Hedge Funds, High Frequency Trading and Proprietary Trading Opportunities. FPGA Electrical Engineer / C++ Software Engineer / Java C++ Python Developer / Project Manager Infrastructure / Trade Support Engineer / ServiceNow Admin / Quality Assurance Engineer / SR Java Software Engineer / Sr Network Engineers - Architect / Build Manager / Trading Technical Operations Analyst / SR Developer with WPF, .net and C# / C++ and Java Software Engineers / Quantitative Developers / C++ Trading Systems Developer / SR Financial Engineer / Experienced Trader / Plus More!
- NEW YORK CITY JOBS - Large Hedge Fund is expanding! Treasury Analyst / Quantitative Analyst / C++ Developers / Java Developers / Fixed Income Project Manager - Business Analyst / Quantitative Research Associate / Quantitative Software Engineer / QA Developer / High Frequency Market Data Software Engineer / Plus More! Need a degree with a good GPA. Will relocate and sponsor.
- OAK BROOK IL - Lead Developer. .Net and C# experience. Very hot to hire!
- EVANSTON IL - SR Back Office GUI Developer with WPF and a SR C# .Net Developer. Will sponsor and relocate!
- TORRANCE CA JOBS - MIS Administrator / Bi-lingual Electrical Engineer.
- GREAT NECK NY JOBS - Trade Support Engineer / Sybase Developer / Java Developer / C++ Developer / C# .net Developer. HOT TO HIRE! Will sponsor.
- WASHINGTON DC - Lead Software Architect. C#, C++, Java, Soap, Web-Services.
- SCOTTSDALE AZ - Java Software Developer, C# Software Developer and a C++ Software Developer.
- PHILADELPHIA PA - SQL Access Database Analyst.
- DALLAS TX - SR C++ Developers (Software Engineers). Will sponsor and relocate! Need multiple people. Very hot to hire!!
- PARSIPPANY NJ, WASHINGTON DC, BOSTON MA - Medical Instrument Technicians.
- HOUSTON TX JOBS - MULTIPLE OPENINGS! Quantitative Software Engineer / Data Analyst with SQL / Data Software Engineer / Financial Applications Engineer / Software Engineer with GUI Development / Systems Support Engineer / Plus more. Need a good GPA and degree.
- SAN FRANCISCO CA, ORLANDO FL, NEWARK NJ, TOLEDO OH - Field Service Engineer with PLC experience.
- WARREN NJ - IT Director Of Marketing.
- PITTSBURGH PA, BALTIMORE MD and BURLINGTON MA - Account Executive Enterprise-level Software Sales. Earn big money!!!
- PALO ALTO CA - 3+ years of back-end development experience. Create APIs. PHP, Ruby, Python or other web technologies. Databases such as MySQL, Dynamo, etc.
- GLEN MILLS PA - Ruby On Rails Developer.
- NOVI MI JOBS - MULTIPLE OPENINGS - Bilingual Staff Accountant - Financial Analyst / Quality Technician Warranty / Electrical Engineer - Infotainment / SR Software Engineer C++ / Software Engineer / Quality Engineer / Bilingual-Software Systems Engineer III (Japanese) / Plus More.
- FARMINGTON HILLS MI JOBS - Database Developer with Oracle / Sr Developer (Java/J2EE, C#, .Net, VB, Web Services and XML) / Software Architect (5-10 yrs architecting, designing and developing web-based enterprise apps).
---> NEW OPPORTUNITIES ADDED DAILY! Please send your resume with salary information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about this opportunity
Site Map | Home
Page | Jobs By Region
| Links Page
Area Trading Jobs in IT | New
York Area Trading Jobs in IT | Philadelphia
Area Trading Jobs in IT | Silicon
Valley Area Trading Jobs in IT