Sr VMware Engineer - Operations, Production
Will relocate the right candidate.
This position is for production and operations,
The team is responsible for ensuring a stable
and reliable server infrastructure (Windows,
Linux, ESX), and for overseeing the building
and deployment of machines into that environment.
The team is expanding to meet the operational
demands of a fast growing infrastructure. We
are seeking talented individuals with the interest
and capability to drive operational processes
to the next level.
The Senior VMware Administrator is part of
a team responsible for the day-to-day administration,
operation, and support of virtual platform infrastructure
(VMware ESX environment).
This person must be a hands-on VMware ESX technology
expert and must be able to operate and help
improve the existing incident, request, change,
problem, and risk management processes. This
role includes 24x7 off-hours support responsibilities.
This position will report to the IT Systems
We want to hire someone who strives for excellence
and constant improvement in a dynamic environment.
As a senior member of IT department, you will
be working on the mission-critical systems and
shared infrastructure used to operate all of
our research, trading, and back office systems.
-Helping to define and execute ongoing administration
and health maintenance plans, procedures, and
-Creating and implementing a systems administration
and improvement program to maximize uptime and
service delivery in accordance with business
needs and priorities
-Diagnosing, resolving, and communicating advanced
-Communicating with internal clients and stakeholders
-Acting as a hands-on senior technical resource
for several systems administrators while coaching,
training, and directing the work of junior teammates
-Deep and broad experience with ESX VMware (
versions 3.x and 4.x) and relevant training
or certifications: VMware Certified Professional
(VCP), VMware Certified Advanced Professional
(VCAP), VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX)
-Experience performing second and third-level
VMware ESX operations support at a mid to large-scale
-Good understanding of related storage and network
-Understanding of the pillars of the ITIL framework
-Must have excellent organizational, verbal
and written communication skills
-Must have a high degree of technical curiosity
and a real passion for technology
-Deep and broad experience with Microsoft server
technologies and relevant training or certifications
-Microsoft clustering, Linux, MS Exchange, and
other systems administration experience
-Experience with VDI/VMware View, VMware SRM,
P2V and V2V technologies
-Experience in organizations that are not fully
formed and matured – i.e. the ideal candidate
needs to be comfortable bringing order to chaos,
but knows what order looks like and how it comes
Technology jobs, VMware, VMware ESX, VCP, VCAP,
- WINSTON-SALEM NC / ST LOUIS MO / MINNEAPOLIS MN - Customer Support Engineers with break/fix on servers. HOT TO HIRE! Send your resume today to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CHICAGO IL JOB - IT Support Technican. Desktop, Remote, Windows, Active Directory. Private equity experience is a +.
- CHICAGO IL JOB - Java / J2EE Software Developers. Mid to Sr level. Multiple needs. Permanent full-time positions.
- CHICAGO IL JOB - .net Developers. Mid to Sr level. Multiple needs. Permanent full-time positions.
- PLYMOUTH MI JOBS - MULTIPLE OPENINGS - MIS Systems Administrator with Windows and Linux / Software Engineer with Linux / Quality Engineer / Bilingual-Software/Systems Engineer III (Japanese) / System Architect / Electrical Engineer / Acoustics Engeer
- FARMINGTON HILLS MI JOBS - Database Developer with Oracle / Sr Developer (Java/J2EE, C#, .Net, VB, Web Services and XML) / Software Architect (5-10 yrs architecting, designing and developing web-based enterprise apps).
- CHICAGO IL JOB - Software Developer - Engineer Need 4! Looking for developers with 1-3 years experience. Will consider recent college graduates. .net / C#.
- CHICAGO IL JOB - Senior Software Architect - Software Application Manager. .net / C#. Need 2.
- GREAT NECK NY JOBS - Implementation Project Manager with 5 years of front office exp. / C++ Software Developer.
- BREA CA JOB - Software Developer / Engineer Need 4! Looking for developers with 1-3 years experience. Will consider recent college graduates. .net / C#.
- BREA CA JOB - Senior Software Architect / Software Application Manager. .net / C#. Need 2.
- TORRANCE CA JOBS - Systems Engineer III / Program Lead - Bi-lingual / Sr Software Engineer / Sales Account Manager.
- DOVER NEW HAMPSHIRE JOB - ERP Sales Executive. Good understanding of manufacturing and distribution business processes. Excellent sales record and success in managing long sales cycles.
- CHICAGO IL JOB - Mobile IOS Application Developer. Mid to Sr level. Permanent full-time positions.
- HOUSTON TX JOBS - Java Software Engineer / Information Systems Administrator. Need a good GPA and degree.
- CHICAGO IL JOB - SQL Server Developer. Experience with SQL Server 2005/2008. Must be able to write SQL queries.
- CHICAGO IL JOBS (near Midway airport) - EDI Programmer.
- CHICAGO IL JOB (near O'Hare) - Sr SharePoint Specialist.
- CHICAGO JOBS - Field Service Technicians - Basic knowledge of PLC programming, hydraulic and pneumatic technology. A strong working knowledge in the mechanical and electrical fields. Need 2. HOT TO HIRE!
- CHICAGO IL JOB - Network Engineer/Consultant - This is a client facing role and requires a high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills. EXTREMELY HOT TO HIRE!
- REDWOOD CITY JOBS - Trader with 2-5 years of relevant sales, trading, or financial work experience. Will consider recent grads with stellar academic record and relevant internship work. Bachelor degree, at minimum, from a leading accredited academic institution with a strong GPA (3.5 or better).
- CHICAGO, NEW YORK CITY, LOS GATOS (CA), FT LAUDERDALE, DALLAS, HOUSTON and MINNETONKA MN - We have several TRADING / FINANCIAL SERVICES firms that are actively hiring. If you have this type of experience, please send your resume to us immediately.
- LAKE FOREST IL JOB - ERP Support Specialist. Will condiser Oracle, JD Edwards, Great Plains, etc. Hot to hire!
- HOUSTON TX JOBS - 6 Software Engineers (Java / C++) - Rice University / Texas A and M / University of Texas - Austin are a plus, Data Analayst - SQL, UNIX/SQL Data Specialist, Financial Application Engineer, Data Engineer.
- NEW YORK CITY JOBS - Large Hedge Fund is expanding! Technical Writer-Project Leader / Ruby On Rails Developer / Network-Systems Administrator / Linux Systems Engineer / Linux Systems Administrators / Tech Support Specialist / Tech Support Lead / Procurement Specialist / Business Analyst / Software Engineer Reliability / Plus More! Need a degree with a good GPA. Will relocate and sponsor.
- NEW YORK CITY JOBS - MAJOR EXPANSION! Financial Services client seeks candidates with a few years of experience and education from a Top School. Several positions: Java, Linux, Unix, QA, Networking, Windows, Database, High-frequency, Tools, Developer, etc.
---> NEW OPPORTUNITIES ADDED DAILY! Please send your resume with salary information to email@example.com.
For more information about this opportunity
Site Map | Home
Page | Jobs By Region
| Links Page
Area Trading Jobs in IT | New
York Area Trading Jobs in IT | Philadelphia
Area Trading Jobs in IT | Silicon
Valley Area Trading Jobs in IT