Sr VMware Engineer - Operations, Production
Will relocate the right candidate.
This position is for production and operations,
The team is responsible for ensuring a stable
and reliable server infrastructure (Windows,
Linux, ESX), and for overseeing the building
and deployment of machines into that environment.
The team is expanding to meet the operational
demands of a fast growing infrastructure. We
are seeking talented individuals with the interest
and capability to drive operational processes
to the next level.
The Senior VMware Administrator is part of
a team responsible for the day-to-day administration,
operation, and support of virtual platform infrastructure
(VMware ESX environment).
This person must be a hands-on VMware ESX technology
expert and must be able to operate and help
improve the existing incident, request, change,
problem, and risk management processes. This
role includes 24x7 off-hours support responsibilities.
This position will report to the IT Systems
We want to hire someone who strives for excellence
and constant improvement in a dynamic environment.
As a senior member of IT department, you will
be working on the mission-critical systems and
shared infrastructure used to operate all of
our research, trading, and back office systems.
-Helping to define and execute ongoing administration
and health maintenance plans, procedures, and
-Creating and implementing a systems administration
and improvement program to maximize uptime and
service delivery in accordance with business
needs and priorities
-Diagnosing, resolving, and communicating advanced
-Communicating with internal clients and stakeholders
-Acting as a hands-on senior technical resource
for several systems administrators while coaching,
training, and directing the work of junior teammates
-Deep and broad experience with ESX VMware (
versions 3.x and 4.x) and relevant training
or certifications: VMware Certified Professional
(VCP), VMware Certified Advanced Professional
(VCAP), VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX)
-Experience performing second and third-level
VMware ESX operations support at a mid to large-scale
-Good understanding of related storage and network
-Understanding of the pillars of the ITIL framework
-Must have excellent organizational, verbal
and written communication skills
-Must have a high degree of technical curiosity
and a real passion for technology
-Deep and broad experience with Microsoft server
technologies and relevant training or certifications
-Microsoft clustering, Linux, MS Exchange, and
other systems administration experience
-Experience with VDI/VMware View, VMware SRM,
P2V and V2V technologies
-Experience in organizations that are not fully
formed and matured – i.e. the ideal candidate
needs to be comfortable bringing order to chaos,
but knows what order looks like and how it comes
Technology jobs, VMware, VMware ESX, VCP, VCAP,
- CHICAGO IL - HELP DESK TECHNICIANS - Need 2. Desktop and workstation support. Support Spyware, Microsoft Office, Anti-Virus, and backup software. Networking - Cisco is a +. Permanent full-time positions. EXTREMELY HOT TO HIRE!
- CAMBRIDGE MA - Software Development Engineer and Software Development Engineer in Test. Java / C++.
- NEWARK NJ - Need multiple people - INTERVIEWING NOW! 1 Block from the train. Java, C++ and Mobile Developement. Software Development Engineers all levels, Technical Program Manager, Data Engineer (Oracle), Software Test Engineers, Mobile Phone Software Developers, eCommerce Developers plus many more! Great company with excellent salary package, bonus and benefits.
- LAKE FOREST IL - SQL Server DBA. 3+ years of experience. Hot to hire!
- GREAT NECK NY - C++ Software Developer / Sybase Developer.
- CHICAGO IL. SQL Server Developers. Need multiple people. Entry level to Sr level.
- JENKINTOWN PA - Web UI Design and Development Specialist - Expert level capabilities pertaining to Web UI design and layout.
- NEWARK NJ - DATA ENGINEERS - PL/SQL, some scripting, UNIX/Linux, Oracle (11G preferred but previous versions are cool) HOT TO HIRE!
- NEW YORK CITY - Sales Executive - 3+ years of experience in selling complex IT solutions to medium and enterprise businesses with a focus on professional services, managed services and outsourced relationships.
- CHICAGO OPENINGS - The following are openings in Financial Services / Trading Industry: Tech Support Rep, Client Services Rep, Sr Storage Administrator, Security Engineer, Sr Network Engineer, Sr C# Global Architect, Systems Administrator, Lead C++ Engineer, C++ Developers, Plus Many More!! Send your resume today.
- DAYTON OH - Image Processing Expert / Advanced Cloud Software Engineer. Interview Now!
- NEW YORK CITY - Large Hedge Fund is expanding! Linux Systems Engineer / Linux Systems Administrators / Tech Support Specialist / Tech Support Lead. Need a degree with a good GPA. Will relocate and sponsor.
- KNOXVILLE TN - C# and C++/MFC SR Software Developer.
- FT LAUDERDALE FL - MAJOR EXPANSION!! UX/UI Developer, Data Center Operator, Technical Product Manager - Global Integration (Securities), Sr Software Engineer, Agile Test Engineer, Manager of Database Operations, SharePoint Developer - Plus many more. Permanent full-time positions.
- RICHARDSON TX - MAJOR EXPANSION!! Senior Software Engineer, Agile Tester - DBA Specialist, Agile Test Engineer.
- Sales Executives - Anywhere in TX or OK. Minimum 7+ years of proven sales or customer facing (with revenue generation) experience in the software industry. Relevant experience may include selling Ecommerce, PIM, MDM, Eprocurement, ERP, CRM or CMS.
- CHICAGO IL (near Midway airport) - EDI Programmer Analyst and JD Edwards Software Developer.
- DALLAS - Sales Director (hands-on Sales Executive - no people management) - 10 years + of relevant sales experience in the telecom industry. Microwave Sales experience.
- PHILADELPHIA or NORTHERN NJ - Project Manager and Software Tech Lead - ASP.NET, C#, nHibernate, AJAX, jQuery, Telerik Controls, Oracle/SQL.
- HIGHLAND PARK IL - Systems Analyst / Software Developer. C# and .net.
- SALT LAKE CITY UT - Lead Mobile Developer / Systems Engineer / Tech Support Rep.
- HOUSTON TX - 6 Software Developers (Java / C++) - Rice University / Texas A and M / University of Texas - Austin are a plus, SR Data Analayst - SQL, UNIX/SQL Data Specialist, Financial Application Engineer, Data Engineer.
- FARMINGTON HILLS MI - Database Developer with Oracle, Developer (.Net and Java), Sr Developer (Java/J2EE, C#, .Net, VB, Web Services and XML), Application Architect (5-10 yrs architecting, designing and developing web-based enterprise apps).
- CHICAGO, NEW YORK CITY, FT LAUDERDALE, DALLAS, HOUSTON and SALT LAKE CITY - We have several TRADING / FINANCIAL SERVICES firms that are actively hiring. If you have this type of experience, please send your resume to us immediately.
- NEW YORK CITY - MAJOR EXPANSION! Financial Services client seeks candidates with a few years of experience and education from a Top School. Several positions: Java, Linux, Unix, QA, Networking, Windows, Database, High-frequency, Tools, Developer, etc.
---> NEW OPPORTUNITIES ADDED DAILY! Please send your resume with salary information.
For more information about this opportunity
Site Map | Home
Page | Jobs By Region
| Links Page
Area Trading Jobs in IT | New
York Area Trading Jobs in IT | Philadelphia
Area Trading Jobs in IT | Silicon
Valley Area Trading Jobs in IT