New York City NY Jobs, Senior Support Engineer, UNIX, RedHat Linux, Windows, Financial, New York Recruiters, Information Technology Jobs, IT Jobs, New York Recruiting
Here To Apply Now!
Senior Support Engineer
The job of the senior support engineer will be to provide day to day support to users in NYC across all systems. This will involve recording, triaging and investigating issues. The support engineer will work closely with the development and middle office teams to understand the impact and root cause of issues. They will coordinate the response and resolution to problems reported, and will define projects to improve our systems as part of a continuous improvement program. The successful candidate must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, particularly when under pressure.
The role involves being the first port of contact for support questions for 3 days out of 5. On the remaining 2 days, a team member from the QR and tech teams will be the first contact point; on such days, the support engineer will provide mentoring and guidance. During these 2 days the support engineer will push forward continuous improvement projects.
This role would suit someone who already has first and second line support experience, and who wants to develop their career in a support role. The individual will need to enjoy working in a fast paced environment with a demanding user base, and must be passionate about delivering continuous improvement across our platform. The role will report into a member of the senior management team, reflecting the importance of this function in the group.
At the end of the first year the successful candidate:
-Will have gained a high profile across the group. All users will be comfortable contacting and communicating with the candidate.
-Be able to resolve common issues and questions across our platform.
-Will have recorded all issues that have arisen, and put in place regular reporting for such issues that identifies opportunities and trends.
-Delivered a number of continuous improvement projects.
-Built a productive working relationship with all members of QR and tech through work on continuous improvement projects, and the 2/5 days a week where the support engineer provides guidance to the rotating on-call person.
-Will have established themselves as a trusted partner for the senior management team.
-Bachelor degree in a science or engineering discipline.
-2-7 years' experience in a support role with evidence of increasing responsibilities over time.
-1-2 years of experience in a financial services company.
-Excellent communication skills.
-Good organization skills; able to demonstrate the ability to put in place structures and process to generate consistent results.
-Basic knowledge of UNIX (RedHat, other Linux, Solaris, etc.) – able to navigate files and processes, use basic tools like grep and tail, and write simple scripts to automate common activities.
-Basic knowledge of Windows – able to diagnose installation and environment problems.
-Competent with Excel – able to put together basic sheets and to trace through formulas to explain sheet behavior.
Nice to have:
-Computer science/engineering degree
-Experience in a front-office facing support role (i.e. supporting sales/trading)
-Experience in a buy side firm
-Diagnostic skills for UNIX – able to use tools like sar, lsof, profilers, etc. to provide more in depth analysis of problems
-Knowledge of enterprise infrastructure – disk systems and networking
GET HIRED QUICKLY IN 2019! This is a partial list of hot IT jobs.
- GREENBELT MD or WASHINGTON DC - Sr Security Engineers / Sr Cloud Engineers / Sr DevOps Engineers. Very hot to hire. Large scale Federal Government contract.
- CHICAGO IL - All levels of Software Engineers needed with C++. Multiple openings. Work for prestigious Chicago trading firm. Can work remotely.
- NEW YORK CITY IL - C++ Software Engineers. Quantitative experience is a + / Sr QA with Java or C++ coding skills.
- PROVO UT - 1-5+ years experience. All levels of IT Network Technicians. DoD security clearance required. Level II Certification(s) required (IAT SSCP, CompTIA Security+, CCNA-Security, GSEC. HOT TO HIRE!
- CHICAGO JOBS - HOT TO HIRE! Financial Services, Hedge Funds, High Frequency Trading and Proprietary Trading Opportunities. SR Network Engineer / C++ Trading Systems Developer / FPGA Engineer / Technical Operations Analyst / Sr Linux Administrator/ Quantitative Research Analyst / SR Java Software Engineer / Quantitative Developers / Plus More!
- MILWAUKEE WI - Sr Java Swing Developers / Associate or Java Software Developers / HOT TO HIRE! Will sponsor.
- HOUSTON TX JOBS - MULTIPLE OPENINGS! C, C++ or Java openings for Sr Software Engineer / Reliability Engineer / Team Lead Engineering / Data Software Engineer / Lead Software Architect / Plus more. Need a good GPA and degree.
- BELLEVILLE IL - 1-5+ years experience. All levels of IT Network Technicians. DoD security clearance required. Level II Certification(s) required (IAT SSCP, CompTIA Security+, CCNA-Security, GSEC. HOT TO HIRE!
- GREAT NECK NY - Sr C++ Developers / Associate C++ or Java Software Developer / HOT TO HIRE! Will sponsor.
- CHICAGO IL - Quantitative Researcher / Strategy Developer Algorithmic Trader / Software Developer / Quantitative Developer / Junior Software Developer.
- CHICAGO IL - Network Consultant. Any MSP experience is a +.
- NORTHBROOK IL - 0-2 years experience with an internship. Proficiency in any of the following languages: Java, PHP, Python, C++, C#, Perl.
- NEW YORK CITY JOBS - Large Hedge Fund is expanding! Modeling and Trading Developer / Quantitative Analyst / Quantitative Developer / Engineering Manager, Database Systems / Full Stack Analytics Engineer / C++ Developers / Java Developers / Quantitative Software Engineer / Plus More! Need a degree with a good GPA. Will relocate and sponsor.
- LONDON ENGLAND JOBS - Multiple Trading Jobs! Experience Traders with High-frequency and C++.
---> NEW OPPORTUNITIES ADDED DAILY! Please send your resume with salary information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New York City, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Raleigh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Silicon Valley, St Louis, Tampa, Washington DC
For more information about this opportunity
Current Job News
Hot IT Trading / Financial Services Jobs
Connect with us:
We are working on tech jobs in IL (Chicago
area Computer Jobs), PA, NY, NJ, CT, MA, VA, GA, NC, TN, CA,
TX, AZ, OH, MI, IN, MO, CO, FL, WA, MN and CN. We are specialists
in technology career employment.
We are an equal opportunity Technology Employment
This website is maintained by Next
Jobs in Chicago - Jobs in New York - Jobs in New Jersey
- Jobs in Philadelphia - Jobs in Connecticut - Jobs in Denver
- Jobs in Dallas - Jobs in Houston - Jobs in Phoenix - Jobs
in Silicon Valley - Plus Many More Areas
C++ - C# - .net - Java - Oracle - SQL Server - Unix - Linux
- Networking - Storage - Systems - Support - Sales - Plus
Programmer - Software - Developer - Network Engineer -
Database Analyst - Systems Administrator - Systems Engineer
- Managed Hosting - Manager - Director - VP - CIO - CTO
- Plus More
Executive Search Firm with Specialized Technical
Recruiters or IT Recruiters servicing clients
of all sizes nationally since 1995. IT Recruitment
Firms, IT Recruitment Agencies, Headhunters
and Executive Recruiting Firms. Experience with
Computer Jobs | Information Technology Jobs
or IT Jobs | Tech Jobs | Systems | Programming.
IT Jobs in Chicago | Philadelphia | New York
City - Manhattan | Denver | Dallas | Houston
| Phoenix | Silicon Valley | Plus Many More
Index | Site
Map | Home Page
| About Us |
President | VP
| IT Jobs By Region
Jobs in Trading | Job
Seekers | Employers
| Links Page
| Northeast Jobs
| Southeast Jobs
Jobs | Southwest
Jobs | Canada
Area Trading Jobs in IT | New
York Area Trading Jobs in IT | Philadelphia
Area Trading Jobs in IT | Silicon
Valley Area Trading Jobs in IT