HOT TO HIRE!!
Systems Administrator / Operations
Here To Apply Now!
Urgent need! Ready to hire!
Must have Linux experience and Python or Perl scripting
skills (Python preferred).
Must be willing to work 5pm-1am shift.
Up to $80K plus bonus
The Operations Desk Junior Systems Administrator (JSA),
Systems Administrator (SA), or Senior Systems Administrator
(SSA) provides first line response for monitoring, diagnosing,
and rectifying issues with the computer systems and applications
that comprise the trading system. These individuals start
and stop the trading environment, monitor the performance
and notify users and address issues when problems or questions
arise. Procedures are developed by and for the administrators
to use to initialize the systems for trading, shut down
environments to commence end-of-day processing and clearing
functions, and to manage recovery operations when applications
or computer or network systems fail. The SSAs and SAs are
responsible for responding to requests for information on
trading, quoting, or other or other monitoring and evaluation
efforts using the log outputs and application management
tools to develop reports and data as appropriate.
The SSA has more exposure to and familiarity with the production
environments so that he can act independently to identify
system abnormalities, lead activity to address problems,
and respond without guidance to user requests for tracking
of a questionable trade, order, or quote. The SSA may be
required to create and maintain procedures for system management.
The SSA is also responsible to assist in training the SAs
and JSAs, and supervise the SAs and JSAs as they learn to
execute procedures and to deal with issues that arise.
-Run, manage, and monitor the software and computers that
enable the applications to trade on, and receive information
from, exchanges, clearing firms, and other providers of
-Develop procedures, and monitor conformance to those procedures,
to manage the orderly startup and end-of-day actions as
well as procedures for structuring response to failures.
-Respond to questions from users and areas regarding errors
in trading results, communications, and optimization of
environments. Determine resolutions or incorporate other
areas to investigate concerns. Coordinate resolutions and
apply corrective action to restore accepted system behavior.
-Provide functionally correct and robust solutions for management
and monitoring of all applications and environments through
the work of the Operations employees, drawing on other employees
as appropriate, so that emerging problems can be identified
before they are critical, and proactive actions can be taken
to avoid failures.
-Maintain contact information using contact logging systems
-Prepare for and respond to situations where software or
hardware or remote environments fail. Restore system functionality
or provide alternative connectivity to allow resumption
-Determine the effects of the failure, with assistance from
other areas, and apply corrective actions to restore data
-Create reports and data to monitor and report on trading
activity and system behavior to support regulatory compliance,
trading optimization, and diagnostic and forensic analysis.
-Knowledgeable in most areas of the system (exchange and
subsystem) at most levels (libraries, applications, programmatic
connectivity, subsystem configurations, trading environment
-Mentor others in system management and monitoring practices.
-Contribute to planning sessions regarding how to configure
and maintain software and hardware environments and when
to change those to support new/enhanced functionality.
-Work with users to gather requirements and develop a project
definition and scope.
-Ensure the project data maintained in the Primavera Project
Management System is accurate and up to date.
-Create project estimates for accepted projects and provide
timely updates to reporting systems as projects progress.
-Ensure conformance to required user communications and
project documentation for each project as defined in the
-Complete work in a timely fashion so projects are completed
by the date specified as the end of a project.
-Participate in peer reviews for scripting and tools development
as appropriate for self and peer-written written tools.
-Using Perl/Python, create scripts and applications that
will help with the day-to-day maintenance of the system.
-Maintain documentation of the configuration of applications
and the application distribution status.
-Ensure recovery plans are understood to address release
failure due to application problems or configuration and
-Respond to questions from users and other areas regarding
configuration options and optimization of environments.
(SSA:) Determine resolutions or incorporate other areas
to investigate concerns. -Coordinate and implement resolutions
to achieve the desired application behavior.
-Participate in the planning, evaluation, and testing for
-Provide time allocation reporting to the Operations Manager
or Supervisor for the previous week by the first work day
of each week.
-BS in Computer Science or 2 to 3 years work experience
as a systems administrator.
-Knowledge of the Linux operating system.
-Very strong Perl/Python programming skills.
-C and C++ knowledge is a plus.
-Strong interpersonal skills (ability to work well with
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
-Self-motivated with interest in learning new applications
-Ability to handle multiple issues of varying priority,
-Ability to work unsupervised when asked.
Jobs, Chicago, Systems Administrator, Operations, Linux,
Perl, Python, C++
- CHICAGO IL - Technical Support Specialist - Good server support skills. Networking - Cisco is a +. Permanent full-time positions. EXTREMELY HOT TO HIRE!
- JENKINTOWN PA - Web UI Design and Development Specialist - Expert level capabilities pertaining to Web UI design and layout.
- CHICAGO IL - HELP DESK TECHNICIANS - Need 2. Desktop and workstation support. Support Spyware, Microsoft Office, Anti-Virus, and backup software. Networking - Cisco is a +. Permanent full-time positions.
- CAMBRIDGE MA - Software Development Engineer and Software Development Engineer in Test. Java / C++.
- NEWARK NJ - Need multiple people - INTERVIEWING NOW! 1 Block from the train. Java, C++ and Mobile Developement. Software Development Engineers all levels, Technical Program Manager, Data Engineer (Oracle), Software Test Engineers, Mobile Phone Software Developers, eCommerce Developers plus many more! Great company with excellent salary package, bonus and benefits.
- LAKE FOREST IL - 2 Opportunites - SQL Server DBA with 3+ years of experience / Great Plains Support Specialist. Hot to hire!
- GREAT NECK NY - C++ Software Developer / Sybase Developer.
- CHICAGO IL. SQL Server Developers. Need multiple people. Entry level to Sr level.
- NEWARK NJ - DATA ENGINEERS - PL/SQL, some scripting, UNIX/Linux, Oracle (11G preferred but previous versions are cool) HOT TO HIRE!
- NEW YORK CITY - Sales Executive - 3+ years of experience in selling complex IT solutions to medium and enterprise businesses with a focus on professional services, managed services and outsourced relationships.
- CHICAGO OPENINGS - The following are openings in Financial Services / Trading Industry: Tech Support Rep, Client Services Rep, Sr Storage Administrator, Security Engineer, Sr Network Engineer, Sr C# Global Architect, Systems Administrator, Lead C++ Engineer, C++ Developers, Plus Many More!! Send your resume today.
- DAYTON OH - Image Processing Expert / Advanced Cloud Software Engineer. Interview Now!
- NEW YORK CITY - Large Hedge Fund is expanding! Linux Systems Engineer / Linux Systems Administrators / Tech Support Specialist / Tech Support Lead. Need a degree with a good GPA. Will relocate and sponsor.
- KNOXVILLE TN - C# and C++/MFC SR Software Developer.
- FT LAUDERDALE FL - MAJOR EXPANSION!! UX/UI Developer, Data Center Operator, Technical Product Manager - Global Integration (Securities), Sr Software Engineer, Agile Test Engineer, Manager of Database Operations, SharePoint Developer - Plus many more. Permanent full-time positions.
- RICHARDSON TX - MAJOR EXPANSION!! Senior Software Engineer, Agile Tester - DBA Specialist, Agile Test Engineer.
- Sales Executives - Anywhere in TX or OK. Minimum 7+ years of proven sales or customer facing (with revenue generation) experience in the software industry. Relevant experience may include selling Ecommerce, PIM, MDM, Eprocurement, ERP, CRM or CMS.
- CHICAGO IL (near Midway airport) - EDI Programmer Analyst and JD Edwards Software Developer.
- DALLAS - Sales Director (hands-on Sales Executive - no people management) - 10 years + of relevant sales experience in the telecom industry. Microwave Sales experience.
- SALT LAKE CITY UT - Lead Mobile Developer / Systems Engineer / Tech Support Rep.
- HOUSTON TX - 6 Software Developers (Java / C++) - Rice University / Texas A and M / University of Texas - Austin are a plus, SR Data Analayst - SQL, UNIX/SQL Data Specialist, Financial Application Engineer, Data Engineer.
- FARMINGTON HILLS MI - Database Developer with Oracle, Developer (.Net and Java), Sr Developer (Java/J2EE, C#, .Net, VB, Web Services and XML), Application Architect (5-10 yrs architecting, designing and developing web-based enterprise apps).
- CHICAGO, NEW YORK CITY, FT LAUDERDALE, DALLAS, HOUSTON and SALT LAKE CITY - We have several TRADING / FINANCIAL SERVICES firms that are actively hiring. If you have this type of experience, please send your resume to us immediately.
- NEW YORK CITY - MAJOR EXPANSION! Financial Services client seeks candidates with a few years of experience and education from a Top School. Several positions: Java, Linux, Unix, QA, Networking, Windows, Database, High-frequency, Tools, Developer, etc.
---> NEW OPPORTUNITIES ADDED DAILY! Please send your resume with salary information.
For more information about this opportunity
Current Job News
Hot IT Trading / Financial Services Jobs
Connect with us:
We are working on tech jobs in IL (Chicago
area Computer Jobs), PA, NY, NJ, CT, MA, VA, GA, NC, TN, CA,
TX, AZ, OH, MI, IN, MO, CO, FL, WA, MN and CN. We are specialists
in technology career employment.
We are an equal opportunity Technology Employment
This website is maintained by Next
Jobs in Chicago - Jobs in New York - Jobs in New Jersey
- Jobs in Philadelphia - Jobs in Connecticut - Jobs in Denver
- Jobs in Dallas - Jobs in Houston - Jobs in Phoenix - Jobs
in Silicon Valley - Plus Many More Areas
C++ - C# - .net - Java - Oracle - SQL Server - Unix - Linux
- Networking - Storage - Systems - Support - Sales - Plus
Programmer - Software - Developer - Network Engineer -
Database Analyst - Systems Administrator - Systems Engineer
- Managed Hosting - Manager - Director - VP - CIO - CTO
- Plus More
Executive Search Firm with Specialized Technical
Recruiters or IT Recruiters servicing clients
of all sizes nationally since 1995. IT Recruitment
Firms, IT Recruitment Agencies, Headhunters
and Executive Recruiting Firms. Experience with
Computer Jobs | Information Technology Jobs
or IT Jobs | Tech Jobs | Systems | Programming.
IT Jobs in Chicago | Philadelphia | New York
City - Manhattan | Denver | Dallas | Houston
| Phoenix | Silicon Valley | Plus Many More
Index | Site
Map | Home Page
| About Us |
President | VP
| IT Jobs By Region
Jobs in Trading | Job
Seekers | Employers
| Links Page
| Northeast Jobs
| Southeast Jobs
Jobs | Southwest
Jobs | Canada
Area Trading Jobs in IT | New
York Area Trading Jobs in IT | Philadelphia
Area Trading Jobs in IT | Silicon
Valley Area Trading Jobs in IT