Key Factors for Successful Interviewing
1. Researching the Organization.
It is very important to research and identify as much information
as possible about the selected organization and the desired
position. Obtain as much corporate literature including job
descriptions and even an organizational chart to help in the
preparation process. Information is power and the more information
you have, the more powerful you can be in the interview.
2. Reviewing Anticipated Questions.
To prepare yourself for any possible questions you may encounter
during an interview, check out the list of 30
questions employers ask provided on this web site. This
exercise will help you organize your thoughts and develop
appropriate responses that will communicate enthusiasm and
show the interviewer your interest in the position. Get "psyched
up" for the interview and feel comfortable with your answers.
Be prepared for technical interview questions. Review your
resume, know what the employer is focusing on, and be prepared
to discuss all of your technical skills in detail. Take the
time and complete a thorough preparation for an interview.
It will help calm your nerves!
3. Body Language and Presentation.
In addition to having good responses to questions, you need
to be aware of such things as posture and the non-verbal aspect
of your presentation.
Elements you should incorporate into your interview techniques:
- Maintain good eye contact
- Always smile and be congenial
- Be positive about yourself, past employers and the future
- Make sure the interviewer knows you are excited about
the position and the organization
4. Some things you should avoid in
- Answers that are too short or answers that are too long
- More detail or information than is necessary
- Becoming frustrated or uneasy when asked stressful questions
- Making derogatory or negative statements about previous
- Frequently touching your mouth or biting your nails
- Folding or crossing your arms frequently
- Swinging your foot or leg
- Discussions regarding politics, religion and company problems
Click here to view our current database of IT opportunities and submit your resume quickly!
Next Step Systems is an equal opportunity Technology Employment
Cities we are active in are:
Jobs in Chicago - Jobs in New York - Jobs in Philadelphia
- Jobs in Denver - Jobs in Dallas - Jobs in Houston - Jobs
in Phoenix - Jobs in Silicon Valley - Plus Many More Areas
C++ - C# - .net - Java - Oracle - Unix - Networking - Support
- Sales - Plus More
Programmer - Software - Developer - Network Engineer - Database
Analyst - Disaster Recovery - Systems Administrator - Managed
Hosting - Management - Plus More
Executive Search Firm with Specialized Technical Recruiters
or IT Recruiters servicing clients of all sizes nationally
since 1995. IT Recruitment Firms, IT Recruitment Agencies
and Executive Recruiting Firms. Experience with Computer Jobs
| Information Technology Jobs or IT Jobs | Tech Jobs | Systems
| Programming. IT Jobs in Chicago | Philadelphia | New York
City - Manhattan | Denver | Dallas | Houston | Phoenix | Silicon
Valley | Plus Many More Areas
Site Map | Home
Page | Recent News | About
Us | Coverage Area |
Companies | Technologies
| Position Types | President
| VP | IT Jobs
By Region | IT
Jobs in Trading | Job Seekers
| Employers | Links
Page | Contact Us
Midwest Jobs |
Northeast Jobs | Southeast Jobs
| Northwest Jobs | Southwest
Jobs | Canada Jobs